January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

The Euro says we get to play this game again next weekend, too, lol. 

If this system follows the north trends like the previous 2 systems I suspect that the next storm next weekend (assuming it happens) would be a good hit for y'all. Of course I thought this weekend would be a good hit here but the north trends have been horrible for snow here lol. 

58 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

From the glass half full side, we don't want to be in the bullseye 5 days out do we???

Speaking from experience, not usually. Only can recall a couple of scenarios where that played well for my backyard. E.g: The Groundhog Day storm of 2021 or 22?

58 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Sorry for all the Ohio peeps, but that is beautiful for SEMI. So naturally, that is not a realistic scenario.

I think that SEMI/NWOH has a decent shot at this storm. Can’t get too caught up in amounts, all I’m looking for at this point is the cold air getting entrenched into our area before onset of precipitation. That and low track of course. 

have faith. Lots of energies moving through in the next two weeks. Something will pan out! 

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

I think one of the things we need to watch is the consistent trend of showing multiple inches and by the time the event starts were looking at 1-3" lol its happened a lot this winter 

the last 2 "opportunities" (12th-14th) and Sunday.....ended that way here

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • THUMBS UP 1

8 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

I think one of the things we need to watch is the consistent trend of showing multiple inches and by the time the event starts were looking at 1-3" lol its happened a lot this winter 

From a full blown storm to heavy flurries lol

20 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Still 48-60 hours out from any sampling so taking all these runs with a massive grain of salt.

I think it was @StLweatherjunkie who had a great post somewhere in the last week or so about how the reason the models seem to have a storm, lose it in the 4-5 day range, then get better is because when the storm is out over the pacific there is no sampling-wonder if that's the case here?