January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

3 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Honest question, what is the purpose of the CFS? 

Not really meant to be used for storm purposes as I am sure the resolution is not great.  Climate Forecast System is the acronym. It can be fun to look at but I never take it seriously for storm tracking.

The Climate Forecast System (CFS) is a model representing the global interaction between Earth's oceans, land, and atmosphere.

Edited by RobB

• Moderators

With these borderline temps, the Kuchera snow maps will be closer than the 10:1 and probably the Debbie Downer "Total Snowfall Depth Change" even closer.  Quite the disparities between the three unfortunately for this storm.

sfct-imp.conus.png

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Hiramite said:

With these borderline temps, the Kuchera snow maps will be closer than the 10:1 and probably the Debbie Downer "Total Snowfall Depth Change" even closer.  Quite the disparities between the three unfortunately for this storm.

sfct-imp.conus.png

Yea looking like a pasty wet snow setup.

• LAUGH 1

3 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

sfct-imp.conus.png

Yep yep.  Paste that looks pretty on trees.  Unless it thumps, no real road issues and no worries about blowing snow.

Edited by RobB

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, junior said:

Yea looking like a pasty wet snow setup.

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

Yep yep.  Paste that looks pretty on trees.  Unless it thumps, no real road issues and now worries about blowing snow.

As long as it's not too mushy, I like the low ratio stuff.  Better staying power.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

In looking at the GEFS, the high north of the St. Lawrence is quite a bit stronger on the 12Z.

6Z Hour 132  1026mb,     12Z Hour 126  1030mb.

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 2

8 minutes ago, Grace said:

Give me 2,5,10,11,16,17!

Give me #11 the most! 😀

There are some smoke jobs on there for sure. If anyone has the Weather Bell GEFS that has all 30?

• SNOWMAN 1