January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

1 minute ago, beaver56 said:

It was sitting around a radio when I was a kid. I guess is old hillbillies were primitive.😝

Same for me.  Growing up in Philly as a kid, I sat by the radio waiting for my county to come up, each district had a number code within the county.  Mine was 454.  Just waited to hear it and couldn’t believe it when I did!

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Not sure what happened today, but most models suddenly lost the intensity of the front end thump snowband in Ohio. Unfortunate 💩

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_fh12_trend.gif

Looks like some of it was transferred to the band in southern MI

Edited by easton229

4 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Not sure what happened today, but most models suddenly lost the intensity of the front end thump snowband in Ohio. Unfortunate 💩

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_fh12_trend.gif

Yeah slowly but consistently the WAA snows became meh. Basically all about the ULL snow or bust. Hoping for a surprise but when you hope for a surprise...its not a surprise and usually ends as a bust haha

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

For any of our friends to the southwest, how has this storm performed your way in relation to the what was being shown on the models?

I plan to be up late I'll try to post anything that is worthy down here in Louisville ..atm radar is lighting up but nothing falling here

I’m almost wanting to tap out. Especially with the latest RAP lol. Maybe I’ll check in at like 2am and see what’s happening nowcast. But right now, sure GFS, 12k NAM and CMC say a nice front end dump but the short range models aren’t buying that currently.

8 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

I’m almost wanting to tap out. Especially with the latest RAP lol. Maybe I’ll check in at like 2am and see what’s happening nowcast. But right now, sure GFS, 12k NAM and CMC say a nice front end dump but the short range models aren’t buying that currently.

Fight the good fight. It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.😝

• LAUGH 1

3 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

Fight the good fight. It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.😝

But I thought Ja….. I get the message lol. I’m going to hang in there. This is one of those I-71 divide line killers. I wish I was a good deal NW of I-71