January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

2 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

Yeah, if we can get to work we should be able to get home!

Of course I have to drive in the thick of it in the morning. Hospitals never close/delay 😥

Edited by junior
  • SHOCKED 1
  • SAD 2
  • TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 1

After obsessively watching the RAP and HRRR all day it’s clearly HRRR vs RAP here lol. I’m team HRRR obviously.. the RAP will throw a bone my way like on 19z but then just as quickly take it away like in 20z.. 

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

image.thumb.png.d1f3d4cf3149d922c46771ca14e9d1eb.png

I have to question this a bit as during that heavy precip it showed a lot of sleet mixing in but maybe it was more snow than sleet… just adding another element to an already difficult forecast.

33 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

Pretty much just clinging to the HRRR and 12K NAM.....😁

31 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Yeah man, the cutoff somewhere in Columbus is going to be brutal.  Sending good vibes your way for it to stay south of the 270 loop.  

It’s never easy for Columbus 🤡

• THUMBS UP 2

Models being posted smack-dab consistently all day today paint my region between 7-12” but NWS has me at 3-6”.  I have to imagine surface temps and sleet are keeping things down on the NWS estimate.  Most models have a “Total Snowfall (Depth Chg)” total that seems to be more in line with NWS estimates.  

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

6 minutes ago, JRil said:

Models being posted smack-dab consistently all day today paint my region between 7-12” but NWS has me at 3-6”.  I have to imagine surface temps and sleet are keeping things down on the NWS estimate.  Most models have a “Total Snowfall (Depth Chg)” total that seems to be more in line with NWS estimates.  

when it comes to that I think areas that have this system hit overnight and tomorrow evening will be the winners

• LIKE 1

Not much snow on the ground here. Maybe an inch of hard crusty cement where shaded from the sun. Mostly barren. 

I’ll have the webcam up by 9am, for those interested in tracking the rain/snow line. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1