January 21-23, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

This situation has become incredibly marginal, which is why I've backed off posting every run but the 12z should give a good look. Will have alot of sampling and that should guide the direction the 2 biggest concerns on the 06z suite was 1. Lack of phase/dry slot and 2. Warm air. Perhaps they go together

35 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

And Debbie Downer says, with these conditions, the 10:1 maps for OH are very generous.

That's why this system hasn't been one I have posted much about.  Any snows that were to fall would be paste.  Good thing about that is roads would be fine and paste can make things look pretty for a bit but a waste to me in this part of January.  March and April, I'd be more into that type of snow.

Edited by RobB
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Mulaman984 said:

Sacrifice this storm for a better 24-26 Jan system

That's usually a risky proposition that begs for for a further west track. A weaker storm doesn't carry the boundary as far south and leaves less cold air in its wake to an already marginal supply. 

• LIKE 2

7 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

That's usually a risky proposition that begs for for a further west track. A weaker storm doesn't carry the boundary as far south and leaves less cold air in its wake to an already marginal supply. 

I didn’t mean weaker, just less overall direct impact to *most* of the forum, leaving the potential for the better follow up. 

• THUMBS UP 1