January 21-23, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

Dang lol, a lot of you really made out like bandits today. So happy to see many of us got some white stuff finally. Small flakes with temps around 36. So not much in the way of accumulation anymore. Melting off the driveway a bit so at least I don’t have to go out and shovel. 2” maybe. 

4ED18AB7-835B-4AD2-BD03-FB223CCAE6ED.jpeg

• LIKE 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, Cary67 said:

One of the few NW subforum posters. Far NW burbs of Chicago. Ihatewinterwarmth just north of me in Milwaukee. Good luck on midweek system SE miss for ORD. Tough after all the misses NW to MSP earlier this winter

We are slowly gaining members, especially during storms, saw at least 2 Chicagoans join today, so maybe we'll get a few more posters in your area soon.

• LIKE 4

2 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Still coming down at a steady clip, though doesn’t seem to be accumulating too much. I would guess around 1.5” so far. It’s beautiful outside with the snow sticking to every branch on all the trees. Olaf is even happy that winter is finally back, even if the snow is covering his eyes 😂

469B165A-A34C-40C3-B535-0A6BCAEF0C48.jpeg

I love the look of sticking snow 😊👍

• LIKE 1

52 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Dang lol, a lot of you really made out like bandits today. So happy to see many of us got some white stuff finally. Small flakes with temps around 36. So not much in the way of accumulation anymore. Melting off the driveway a bit so at least I don’t have to go out and shovel. 2” maybe. 

4ED18AB7-835B-4AD2-BD03-FB223CCAE6ED.jpeg

It was about the same here. I will post pictures of individual snowflakes later. Seems like we should have had this type of first nice snow for the year around December 1st!

• LIKE 1

19 minutes ago, RobB said:

Should be a fun game. I'm neutral with this game as I am a Browns' fan. Big Burrow fan though 👍

I'm a Browns fan rooting for Buffalo....can't root for a division rival... 😉  **edited to add that I am hoping for an injury free game!

Edited by Michelle
  • LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS DOWN 1
  • LOVE 1

With the warmth.  The snow is compressing. Not a surprise there.  Nice having each blade of glass covered.  I never did do my final lawn mowing of the season last fall, so it was not as short as usual 🙂

• LIKE 2

5 hours ago, Snow____ said:

Yeah when it comes so sparingly I have to witness it. I believe this is the first accumulating snow since the pre Christmas snow. I mean we’ve gotten a few dusting a here and there but when there’s a chance of accumulating snow I have to see it lol. Being a place where it snows all the time has to be nice. How much snow you have on the year so far?

The official observation site is at 120.4" on the year with a current snow depth of 27". My backyard is probably closer to 90" but still plenty for this southerner 🥳

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

5 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

The official observation site is at 120.4" on the year with a current snow depth of 27". My backyard is probably closer to 90" but still plenty for this southerner 🥳

My perfect snow setting as place to live for snows is part your area and part mine. I want more opportunities for snows but appreciate snows more when it is not too common. I would like to see a beautiful fetch off a Great Lake 🤘

• LIKE 1