January 21-23, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

Just now, Snow____ said:

Phone says it’s 33 and car says 31..I’ll meet in the middle and go 32.5 lol.

Once precip became light and sun filtering through a bit, doesn't take much to rise!

Considerably more snow and a different kind of snow on the west side (Hilliard) than where I live closer to downtown. Hilliard was closer to 4” while grandview is at around 2”. The snow here in the city is much finer also, and Probably the reason it isn’t adding up. Flakes in Hilliard were huge fat flakes all morning.  

looks like maybe another inch for the city. 

• LIKE 2

One of the few NW subforum posters. Far NW burbs of Chicago. Ihatewinterwarmth just north of me in Milwaukee. Good luck on midweek system SE miss for ORD. Tough after all the misses NW to MSP earlier this winter

51 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

Are you mixing with sleet down there? It just started here maybe 3 minutes ago. Im sitting in my car warming it up and started hearing the pinging. 
I have nightmares of that sound after the last 2 winters lol.

It's gone to pelletized snow. Definitely can tell there is a thin warm layer in the mid layer of the column.

Near Owensville checking in. Talk about a surprise when I woke up this morning around 9 with at least inch on the ground after having gone to bed with nothing and a dismal point and click I still have up from last night:

2023-01-22_11-00-04.jpg.4dbd0a8e7c481720850583f525eda455.jpg

"...less than one inch" and now under a WSW for 3-6". :classic_biggrin:

Some of the biggest flakes I ever remember seeing:

I wasn't the only happy one! :classic_biggrin:

• LIKE 5
  • LOVE 4

4 minutes ago, junior said:

Measured around 6” here in Centerville. Mom says 4.5-5” in Beavercreek. Had to clear off bricks of snow on the car. It sure has a wet snow consistency. 

0A2E2E25-89CB-49A5-AB8B-67AC9EBF503B.jpeg

Your numbers are where I was expecting them. Centerville was just a bit away from me with best snows. Excellent! 

• LIKE 1