January 21-23, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

3 minutes ago, NKYSnowLover said:

Cincy people get ready. I can confirm the blob in NKY is another round of furious mega flakes.

I’m ready. I’ve been looking at it move this way for the past 15 minutes 😂😂

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 1

16 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Anecdotally speaking, the overnight low last night dropped to 25 here, several degrees lower than the forecast. That took care of any warm ground issues & snow accumulated right away from the start. The morning snowfall has happened with temps in the 30-31 range, whereas many model runs were showing 33-34 degree snowfall. A couple degrees on the colder side has made a huge difference! 

Yup and the usual increase in qpf as we head into showtime. 

• THUMBS UP 2

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Please sweet baby Jesus let this fresh, unexpected, heavier snow-cover shift the midweek storm to bury our entire region. ☃️

“One day it started snowing, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of snow there is. Little bitty stingin' snow...and big ol' fat snow. Snow that flew in sideways. And sometimes snow even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even snowed at night...”

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 1

Very slushy mix here in northeast Louisville..maybe about a half inch really hard to tell as intensity wanes and melting occurs then picks up again…WWA issued but roads mainly wet and slushy at best nothing to write home about 

• LIKE 1

Just saw that I have a snow day today!

I work (voluntarily) Sundays for time and a half pay.  Now, I can be home and still get paid 🙃

Nice!

Edited by RobB
  • LIKE 7
  • TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 1