January 21-23, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

This is the best set up for wintry precip to sneak down into the OHV that I've seen this month (not saying much, but still!). It seems like a positive tilt trough axis, which favors overrunning precip instead of a deformation zone. Watch out for icing potential ...

eps_z500_vort_us_27.png

eps_lowlocs_us_27.png

Edited by StLweatherjunkie
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

The gfs is all over the freakin place. I wish this upcoming pattern would just settle 1 way or the other

It’s amazing how the cutters are locked in a week out. That said, so many systems in the flow that effect each other. 

• THUMBS UP 1

And again....

p.s. - someone might as well start a thread for this one as it has been there on 22 consecutive GFS runs. I'm thinking this one might be the best shot for the OV before the end of the month. 

Is 1 decent snowstorm in the month of January too much to ask? 🤷‍♂️

gfs3.png

• &$!#% 1

6 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

And again....

p.s. - someone might as well start a thread for this one as it has been there on 22 consecutive GFS runs. I'm thinking this one might be the best shot for the OV before the end of the month. 

Is 1 decent snowstorm in the month of January too much to ask? 🤷‍♂️

gfs3.png

I'm gonna be naive and say the GFS has the pattern wrong. CMC has 2 legit shots. Really want to see the 12z euro now

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I'm gonna be naive and say the GFS has the pattern wrong. CMC has 2 legit shots. Really want to see the 12z euro now

The timing difference for the 25-26th storm is hilarious...and we're really not in fantasy range anymore. Over a full 24 hour difference between the 2 models. Clown show. I tend to think the GFS is off its rocker as well, but hard to bet against this frustrating pattern at this point.

• LIKE 1