January 21-23, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

• Admin
5 minutes ago, easton229 said:

A novice question, but could 1-2” here help cool the air a little more rapidly for the 24th-26th storm leading to slightly higher ratios or some areas that are borderline getting snow quicker?

I feel like where the snow falls and (hopefully) where it sticks may play a role in shifting things a bit, yes.

7 minutes ago, easton229 said:

A novice question, but could 1-2” here help cool the air a little more rapidly for the 24th-26th storm leading to slightly higher ratios or some areas that are borderline getting snow quicker?

It would take more than 1-2" of slush around here, but possibly affect the baroclinic zone out in Kansas in turn affecting the early track there...downstream here 

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
7 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Who knew I would have to move to Oklahoma to get a better storm than in MI lol

Only 0.3" so far this winter here. Honestly though, that's not too unusual for SW OH through this point in the winter in the past decade. 

The big difference is the temps when it's warm and dry here vs. SW OH. Loving it.

gO9xxLK.png

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Only 0.3" so far this winter here. Honestly though, that's not too unusual for SW OH through this point in the winter in the past decade. 

The big difference is the temps when it's warm and dry here vs. SW OH. Loving it.

gO9xxLK.png

Yea I wouldn’t mind a nice stretch of 63-73 in January followed by a nice snowstorm. I could definitely live with that setup.

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Well, it's going to be a battle between the warm short-range model and the cold GFS. I'm favoring the former as we have been overperforming on highs lately, and WAA usually wins out too. Would be a nice surprise if the GFS is right, though.