January 12-14, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

32 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Omg if radar continues to look like this were gonna blow the doors off forecast rainfall amount. Thunder and lightning like crazy already too

KILN - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 8_27 AM.png

Picked up .60 from the leading edge, daily forecast total is for .75-1 haha

Tonight
Rain before 1am, then rain and snow between 1am and 3am, then snow after 3am. Low around 29. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. High near 30. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow likely before 7pm, then a chance of snow showers, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. North wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

I don't want this. 😒 Any takers?

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Snowbelted said:
Tonight
Rain before 1am, then rain and snow between 1am and 3am, then snow after 3am. Low around 29. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. High near 30. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow likely before 7pm, then a chance of snow showers, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. North wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

I don't want this. 😒 Any takers?

200w-2.gif.d9286cd7253aebd2a7582a93e2bda0cf.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:10 PM, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

12z roundup *if the warmer solution plays out, I will file away in the memory bank for the rest of the year the RGEM was several runs ahead on doing away with the larger stripe of snow on the backside* 

🏆 to the RGEM, will stash this away for the rest of winter. Had the warmer 2M temps pegged vs. basically ALL other modeling, it never had really bought in to the snowy solutions

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

This is the line, what was supposed to have been the backside edge turning to snow originally, I certainly understand the extreme rates that were being modeled. What could have been

Instead it's a miserable 44 degrees windy and 1.40" of rain about to be probably 2+ looking at that radar

KILN - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 2_47 PM.gif

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • &$!#% 1
  • THUMBS UP 1