December 25th-27th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Potential Christmas Clipper

BuckeyeGal

I've been out on the roads since 3:30 this morning in our area was getting hammered by this little clipper.  I will not be surprised if some parts of our area gets 4".  Now if the Upper level low passes over this evening and produces somebody could end up with 5 total. 

No I'm not back home but that was based on how hard it was snowing how quick it was accumulating and how long it was last and it's still snowing back home so?

It snowed on me from Mayfield all the way to Nashville. I finally ran out of it Nashville and I'm on my way towards Chattanooga. And eventually Orlando Florida.

Edited by Grace
  • LIKE 2
  • TROPHY 1

1 hour ago, Grace said:

I've been out on the roads since 3:30 this morning in our area was getting hammered by this little clipper.  I will not be surprised if some parts of our area gets 4".  Now if the Upper level low passes over this evening and produces somebody could end up with 5 total. 

No I'm not back home but that was based on how hard it was snowing how quick it was accumulating and how long it was last and it's still snowing back home so?

It snowed on me from Mayfield all the way to Nashville. I finally ran out of it Nashville and I'm on my way towards Chattanooga. And eventually Orlando Florida.

How far east does it go before that level of intensity drops off? I’m in E’town (well, not right now. I’m planning on going back there today) and it looks like the snow is getting ready to start. 

2 hours ago, Grace said:

I'll be in Orlando in a few days 😁 Just in time for the warm weekend.

• LIKE 2

1 hour ago, ceciliaky said:

How far east does it go before that level of intensity drops off? I’m in E’town (well, not right now. I’m planning on going back there today) and it looks like the snow is getting ready to start. 

Looks like the heavier snows went down into Southern Kentucky into central Tennessee

• THUMBS UP 1
  • THANKS 1

2 hours ago, Grace said:

Hearing from home round 1 was 2-3. 

• THUMBS UP 1

Have a dusting around here after some virga. May get a bit more snow shower activity later this evening then the warmup. Glad we were finally able to see some Christmas type weather near and on Christmas 😊

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

Maybe the next wintry system to look forward too. This is a 24 hour snow map but most of it falls in 6-8 hours. GFS has had a consistent signal for a system in that particular timeframe for several runs. Of course being 10-12 days out it's shown anything from a GLC to now an apps runner. Something to keep an eye on anyway.

b8d5a9fc-1311-45f2-8be0-e86f66724c5d.gif

snku_024h.us_mw.png

sn10_024h.us_mw.png

Edited by snowlover2
  • LIKE 1

28 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Actually managed a dusting of snow tonight from the backend. Actually have the ground covered now! Too bad it’ll be short lived but it’s nice

I went to Meijer and Menards, and it was a pretty snowfall tonight while out. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

22 hours ago, snowlover2 said:

Maybe the next wintry system to look forward too. This is a 24 hour snow map but most of it falls in 6-8 hours. GFS has had a consistent signal for a system in that particular timeframe for several runs. Of course being 10-12 days out it's shown anything from a GLC to now an apps runner. Something to keep an eye on anyway.

b8d5a9fc-1311-45f2-8be0-e86f66724c5d.gif

snku_024h.us_mw.png

sn10_024h.us_mw.png

Seeing what the 0z GFS did with this last night has me interested… I normally wouldn’t get into a storm this far away but my birthday is January 7th so this would be kind of awesome.. I have some plans that day but I would definitely cancel them for a foot of snow.. but I’d be mad if I had to cancel for 2 inches 😂😂. I’ve always wanted snow on my birthday though and I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten in my life so why not this year. Make 31 special 

• THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

Seeing what the 0z GFS did with this last night has me interested… I normally wouldn’t get into a storm this far away but my birthday is January 7th so this would be kind of awesome.. I have some plans that day but I would definitely cancel them for a foot of snow.. but I’d be mad if I had to cancel for 2 inches 😂😂. I’ve always wanted snow on my birthday though and I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten in my life so why not this year. Make 31 special 

To be fair, I've not had snow ever on my 54 birthdays.  Of course, being August, I think I know the issue 😋

• LAUGH 2

15 minutes ago, RobB said:

To be fair, I've not had snow ever on my 54 birthdays.  Of course, being August, I think I know the issue 😋

If you do see snow on your birthday then the world is definitely ending and we should be very afraid 😂😂

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, RobB said:

I have faith that before I go Home (you know - home home) that there will be a blizzard warning on the 4th of July & my birthday (I tis a Leo as well)

• LAUGH 2