December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Moderators

‘ Morning. 0Z Low Party Tracker

Tracks have really converged once the low goes sub 1000.  Timing and strength also coming together as well. (I’ve omitted or smoothed low locations that were “misplaced” IMO.)

A8193847-B133-4A16-AF3D-B5FB91B8C2A2.jpeg

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 4
  • THANKS 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

‘ Morning. 0Z Low Party Tracker

Tracks have really converged once the low goes sun 1000.  Timing and strength also coming together as well. (I’ve omitted or smoothed low locations that were “misplaced” IMO.)

A8193847-B133-4A16-AF3D-B5FB91B8C2A2.jpeg

You're doing a great job of shifting that Skittle snot swipe closer to East of my house. Thanks. 😄 

• THUMBS UP 2

As mentioned trend over last several winters has been to show amped NW track systems mid range only to watch them slide SE and progressively weaken as the event nears. Still time for more shifts maybe even back west but LOT put out WSWs kinda early. Maybe more for wind and wind chill then snow amts

• THUMBS UP 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

As mentioned trend over last several winters has been to show amped NW track systems mid range only to watch them slide SE and progressively weaken as the event nears. Still time for more shifts maybe even back west but LOT put out WSWs kinda early. Maybe more for wind and wind chill then snow amts

Think the holiday travel has all the offices wanting to get an early word out.

• THUMBS UP 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RadioWX said:

Think they have to go Winter Storm Warning until actual blizzard conditions start.   Not sure the reasoning, but my understanding is that is the new protocol.  

That's what I found in the NWS bulletin.  Same thing holds true for Ice Storm Warnings....both are covered with a WS Watch until warnings are issued.

5 minutes ago, Grace said:

It is dryer. Cold air. Track better...but dryer. However, with the track being further SE I have a hunch the GOM moisture fetch will be better. 

I'm sure there's a plume of Gulf moisture in here, but it seems like the Atlantic is where more of the moisture comes from:

gfs-ens_mslp_pwata_us_fh48-96.thumb.gif.1a4fa99b18884ecea669bc3268d79c59.gif

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

This is usually where all the "backside/post frontal" corrections take place. And sure enough

In the spirit of Christmas, maybe @StLweatherjunkie can do us a solid and gather up some of that wasted snow over Superior and bring it down here.

image.png.050a18dd873c56f45a0d74948023382e.png

• THUMBS UP 3
  • TROPHY 1
  • MELTING 1

Models been trying to screw majority of Ohio the whole time. Dry slot, drier storm, more rain, more progressive solutions, etc. 

Have had the feeling it’s been IL, IN, western MI storm the majority of the time tracking this thing. Hoping it can pick up more moisture if it digs to the Gulf more. But then we run the risk of warm sector storms gaining more moisture as well.

hoping we can see more corrections east today as more runs have sampling 

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

In the spirit of Christmas, maybe @StLweatherjunkie can do us a solid and gather up some of that wasted snow over Superior and bring it down here.

image.png.050a18dd873c56f45a0d74948023382e.png

yeah, what’s up there. Moose, bears? They’re not going to appreciate the snow as much as we do. Stop being greedy wildlife. 😆

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • FACEPALM 1
  • LAUGH 1