December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Can’t complain about the trends of the last three models to run here in Ohio this evening. What a difference 24 hours makes. 

I said it last night and I’ll say it again, this is a super fascinating storm to be tracking. Not sure I can make it to the Euro tonight though. 

image.gif.291f444a9cc6d9d59dcbbada61620834.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, CIWeather said:

If we got 6-10 here in Central IL from this one and then turn around a couple days later and get another 6 or so from the next one, that would be crazy

lol that never happens everything has to melt first we never get snows back to back

1 minute ago, Central Illinois said:

lol that never happens everything has to melt first we never get snows back to back

Remember a couple years ago when at one point the models were showing ya getting a foot each from 2 storms on back to back weekends?😂

• LIKE 1

10 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Check about both thr 12z and 00z catching that fetch off erie through central OH

This could be one of those rare situations where we get a strong fetch off of Huron/Erie, which are both still open for business.  I grew up in north central Ohio and every so often we’d get the perfect fetch for a north wind and cash in.  

I’ll take snow however we can get it. 

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Columbusbuckeye said:

I take back my previous “lock it in” comment and move it to this post.  

It's interesting how the models had the perfect OV track a few days ago, then came back way west, and now seeing it move more in the direction to the apps runner it showed on Wednesday.  

• THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

This could be one of those rare situations where we get a strong fetch off of Huron/Erie, which are both still open for business.  I grew up in north central Ohio and every so often we’d get the perfect fetch for a north wind and cash in.  

I’ll take snow however we can get it. 

The short range models should start picking up on stuff like that 

• THUMBS UP 1