December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Wow...Quite the update from Rayno on his thoughts. And a rapid-fire Q&A regarding  accumulations. What I gathered is below.

• He thinks the current accuweather map will need to be adjusted south and east due to where the storm is intensifying. "It's the strengthening that has changed." It is strengthening further east.
  • He drew lines over the upper low track and circled areas just north of it where he believes will be the 6-12" focus and his "Blizzard area" - including: Chicago, Indiana (north of I-70), most of Western/Central Michigan, Northwest Ohio
  • Aside from those areas, he mentioned the following cities/accumulations:
    • St. Louis - 3-6"
    • Kansas City - 3-6"
    • Indianapolis - 3-6"
    • Cincinnati - 3-4"
    • Ohio (South of I-70) - couple inches
    • Kentucky - couple inches
    • Detroit  - has a shot at over 6"
    • Cleveland  - is tricky b/c it is south of the upper low - 3-4"

I didn't take near as much away from the BAM update.

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, SOMOSnow said:

Just watched the bamwx video and it was actually very good in my opinion. Shares why he sees heaviest further South and East and covers other variables. 

div widget

ya he mentioned a general 6-10" with blizzard for a large area of the MW/GL as of right now

Edited by Central Illinois

26 minutes ago, RobB said:

I don't envy him trying to answer all these questions on the spot.  For instance, coupe Dayton questions which he thinks 2 to maybe 4 inches with a 3 to 6 with another Dayton query.  Too early ofr specifics but give him props for trying to answer.

I asked him probably 10 times to address Columbus, lol. He refused. Wondering if he hates the Buckeyes or something. Either that, or it's the typical rain/snow line.

• DISAPPOINTED 1
  • LAUGH 1

7 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

ya he mentioned a general 6-10" with blizzard for a large area of the MW/GL as of right now

The moment he showed 3 low pressures on his graphic and stated something along a triple phase as the blizzard of 78 did, I turned it off.  I do not see 3 branches of the Jet being involved.....

• THUMBS UP 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, RobB said:

The moment he showed 3 low pressures on his graphic and stated something along a triple phase as the blizzard of 78 did, I turned it off.  I do not see 3 branches of the Jet being involved.....

lol ya he was all over the place when it came to that sad thing is a lot of people not in the know will eat up that kind of blizzard 78 hype

Edited by Central Illinois
  • LIKE 2

3 minutes ago, RobB said:

Hater. 😂 

• LAUGH 1

Just now, Central Illinois said:

lol ya he was all over the place when it came to that sad thing is a lot of people not in the know will eat up that kinda blizzard of 78 hype

Pressures look to be quite impressive!  Different mechanism to this bugger though. 

Just now, Central Illinois said:

lol ya he was all over the place when it came to that sad thing is a lot of people not in the know will eat up that kinda blizzard of 78 hype

Its what gets the views and follows. 1978 was a triple phaser and this one doesn't even look like a phase... rather just a strong s/w diving down and going neg tilt. It has a bit of help from the TPV in Canada, I guess.

• THUMBS UP 2