December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Crowbar said:

Keeping the faith - we in Central Ohio recall the Jan 2019 event where a foot of snow on a Saturday was still being called with certainty on Friday night, and we ended up with rain and around 3” overnight (albeit with lots of blowing and drifting).  Would like to get a surprise the other way, especially as brutal cold with little snow would be the ultimate insult.

Me to the radar returns of that storm.

200w.gif.cd64caa984680fb762b691e5ef062566.gif

• LAUGH 4
  • THUMBS UP 1

9 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Me to the radar returns of that storm.

200w.gif.cd64caa984680fb762b691e5ef062566.gif

Same.

I remember being at a party with some friends and everyone kept asking me when the switchover would happen.  My early excitement and optimism quickly turned to dejection. That was the type of system that makes you realize that weather does whatever it wants, especially in Central Ohio.  

The passage of the Arctic front did lead to some intense snow though, albeit for a short time.  

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • THUMBS UP 1

Me going over the 12z models earlier. With this disgruntled look on my face trying to will this to dig more south-southeast. Maybe if I drink some Crown royal later around the 0z model runs the Canadian artic front will push further south. Or probably everything will look better to me either way. 😂

IMG_20221219_172710491.jpg

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • FIRE 1

• Moderators
Just now, SOMOSnow said:

Bernie Rayno, as mentioned above, going live on AccuWeather twitter at 7 central. 

Bamwx is also going live on Twitter at 7. I will watch Bernie live and bam later. 

you got a link to rayno live stream? Bam will just be going at it with the people watching on the live stream lol