December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

I'm now in favor of a weaker low that occludes later on.....that dry slot is too prominent. The look of the RGEM would stand to be more beneficial here, that GFS run yielded .10-.15 QPF of post frontal QPF here

models-2022121918-f084.prateptype.conus (1).gif

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

Uglier and uglier here.  Rain to dry, cold, and windy with power outages.  Fun.

I wouldn't get too worked up over the weird snow holes the GFS is showing. It's mostly a result of the model's inability to calculate less than 3 hours at a time.

Edited by Bradjl2009
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

9 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

What a difference a day makes. The trend that seems to be hurting me the most is the storm moving faster. 

sn10_acc.conus (1).png

sn10_acc.conus.png

It’s quite humorous in all reality. The SEMI donut hole will haunt me until the day I die

Edited by Pros3lyte

Copy and pasting here so you all see it. Response when one of our east coast guys pointed out the page count on this storm is 85-15 Midwest over mid atl:

As much as I'm sure a lot of us would have preferred a different outcome, I am really happy for our Midwest brothers and sisters. It's still a hell of a storm and I'm excited for those that are going to get shellacked just in time for Christmas. 

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

• Meteorologist
Just now, easton229 said:

What, you don’t enjoy our 37 degree rains on big storms?

I'd take that over getting hardly any QPF at all. Droughts make you desperate. At this point I'd welcome and ice storm if it helped give us some QPF.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

Bill trying to get folks to stop focusing on the snow. I told my own family Saturday the wind and cold would be the main story and not to focus on the snow. Yet today, I receive messages from them..."It looks like it won't be so bad. The snow moved north. Should be better for driving, etc." 

Hard to get the point across. Sure, a few inches of snow isn't that big of a deal. Extreme cold resulting in a flash freeze and near hurricane-force wind gusts that can knock out power for a prolonged period because they just can't climb up there and fix it right away is a big deal. And if you happen to get those few inches of snow during all that, you won't be thinking it's not so bad. 

1435164288_ScreenShot2022-12-19at5_25_32PM.png.f995dcd8ddea41560f3c1daa881af9c4.png

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

so did we have those for 18z?

JD believes more of the data will be in tonight's 0Z suites.

JD states that not all will be ingested in tonight's run but over half will...

Edited by RobB
  • LIKE 4
  • TROPHY 2
  • FIRE 1