December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, Grace said:

BTW...OV peeps, don't sleep on 20th just yet. 

Yep, THIS is what I'm wondering about.  The prelude to the Christmas event appears to be messing up the modelling on timing everything.  I think this "prelude" event may end up being more than modelled.

• Meteorologist
5 minutes ago, Grace said:

Screenshot_20221215-124643_Chrome.jpg.5c7932978b0af28e34daa81bcbccfdd6.jpg

Screenshot_20221215-113039_Chrome.jpg.55fc97963dbb2bced1412fca9fe0a690.jpg

Screenshot_20221215-113405_Chrome.jpg.4b378d27ed502aba67447370d5d6ae27.jpg

Screenshot_20221215-113504_Chrome.jpg.ed7e5c9068851a458d550f7e5402f932.jpg

Just something else to look at. BSR has similar scenario but different placement. We're a week away so buckle up for vacation lot of ups, downs, twists, & curves. 

BTW...OV peeps, don't sleep on 20th just yet. 

I like what BSR has for midnight 12/22 but I'm not sure it cuts that far west. Selfishly I'd love it though.

Obviously I'd be ecstatic with this by Christmas night here in Southern Missouri via 12z GFS. This is from 2 or 3 snows so not sure what thread to put this in lol. That said, all the models and runs are all over so we just have to watch and wait. 

Screenshot_20221215_131331_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by SOMOSnow
  • LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

Obviously I'd be ecstatic with this by Christmas night here in Southern Missouri via 12z GFS. This is from 2 or 3 snows so not sure what thread to put this in lol. That said, all the models and runs are all over so we just have to watch and wait. 

Screenshot_20221215_131331_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think you're in a better spot than me, BSR would probably be a blizzard for you, but even with a storm that comes out more northeast than north, you'll get snow on that northwest side. I'm just hoping the Monday system hits us good in Kansas lol.

• LOVE 1

Hey guys/gals it's been awhile my last post was in March but I'm back.... My wife was sick for awhile about 4 + years she passed on April 18th from breast cancer. It was during that spring snow event we had. I took the time to find myself again and grieve with our kids. But all is well now I'm doing really well. So back to tracking weather for me. Ok back to the storm! 

I am hoping for the more spread the wealth solutions for the Christmas timeframe to make the majority of the forum happy rather than a few happy folks. I'm rooting for the euro at this point but as we all now most models will change run to run so we wait watch and ponder. 😂 If we do get any snow or brutal cold I have cameras now and a weather station too. 🙂

• LIKE 2
  • SAD 10
  • LOVE 4

8 minutes ago, cloudy_jake said:

Hey guys/gals it's been awhile my last post was in March but I'm back.... My wife was sick for awhile about 4 + years she passed on April 18th from breast cancer. It was during that spring snow event we had. I took the time to find myself again and grieve with our kids. But all is well now I'm doing really well. So back to tracking weather for me. Ok back to the storm! 

I am hoping for the more spread the wealth solutions for the Christmas timeframe to make the majority of the forum happy rather than a few happy folks. I'm rooting for the euro at this point but as we all now most models will change run to run so we wait watch and ponder. 😂 If we do get any snow or brutal cold I have cameras now and a weather station too. 🙂

My condolences.  We shall see what happens.  No matter what, I hope you have a great holiday season and look forward to more of your posts.

• SAD 1
  • THANKS 1

this guy from WDRB Louisville doesn't seem enthused but he rarely is and almost always poo poos on every storm possibility until it's 2 days away and a certainty meanwhile WAVE-3 the local NBC affiliate is already issuing alert days for next Thursday-Friday

douche.png

Edited by NeXrad
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Meteorologist

There is a way to make everyone happy but probably doesn't happen. You'd have a storm dig into southern Colorado, move east across Oklahoma, then run up the Apps until  northern West Virginia or so then a coastal transfer occurs. Widespread 4-12" of snow. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

Just now, NeXrad said:

this guy from WDRB Louisville doesn't seem enthused but he rarely is and almost always poo poos on every storm possibility until it's 2 days away and a certainty

douche.png

He’s literally one of the worst I’ve seen in the area. Including one of the worst attitudes I’ve seen from any met on wxtwitter. 

• THUMBS UP 2

30 minutes ago, NeXrad said:

this guy from WDRB Louisville doesn't seem enthused but he rarely is and almost always poo poos on every storm possibility until it's 2 days away and a certainty meanwhile WAVE-3 the local NBC affiliate is already issuing alert days for next Thursday-Friday

douche.png

What a way to sound like a dick contradicting yourself  downplaying it but ending with "we will be watching closely"  

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

14 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

What a way to sound like a dick contradicting yourself  downplaying it but ending with "we will be watching closely"  

Nothing better than hedging your bet and telling everyone you won.