December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Meteorologist
28 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

With winds this high, ratios will probably be close to 10:1 regardless of temperatures. Cold temps and high winds favors small flakes that more efficiently reduce visibility, but don't accumulate as quickly.

It may cut into ratios some but not all the way down to 10-1. Probably around 15-1. 700mb and 500mb winds are actually quite weak during snowfall here, so it shouldn't mess with the DGZ much.

• Moderators

Things (the tracks) are tightening up.  The north end of the storm tracks seems to flattening out a bit as well.
12z runs.

Would you guys rather see the trends of each model on one sheet or do you like all three different ones on one sheet like below? In the Christmas spirit, I guess I can do if there is a demand/desire.  

13BEC5FC-E28E-49E0-A43A-A9DDFB5F1EA8.jpeg

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 2
  • THANKS 1

Just now, Hiramite said:

Things (the tracks) are tightening up.  The north end of the storm tracks seems to flattening out a bit as well.
12z runs.

Would you guys rather see the trends of each model on one sheet or do you like all three on one sheet like below? In the Christmas spirit, I guess I can do if there is a demand/desire.  

I like the way you are currently showing these.  Thanks!  Good to see a bit of tightening up.  There will be slight movements but that is to be expected...

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

12z runs.

Would you guys rather see the trends of each model on one sheet or do you like all three on one sheet like below? In the Christmas spirit, I guess I can do if there is a demand/desire.  

All three in one is great. Thanks!!!

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

12z runs.

Would you guys rather see the trends of each model on one sheet or do you like all three different ones on one sheet like below? In the Christmas spirit, I guess I can do if there is a demand/desire.  

I like this layout. That Euro and CMC are right in stride with each other.

• LIKE 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

12z runs.

Can you bring that Skittle snot swipe East of Ohio? 😆

• LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

7 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

12z runs.

Low party IMBY.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

12z runs.

The way your currently doing it you can compare the best thanks for doing these 👍

Edited by Central Illinois
  • LIKE 1

What does everyone feel about the wrap around snow the GFS and euro are showing? Is it really possible to get 9” of backend snow? Never really seen that before. The GFS almost want to develop a secondary low to the east euro just looks more like rap around snow but both drop heavy accumulation.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Low party IMBY.

You just reminded me that I've been forgetting to label my diagram as such...Low Party Tracker. Thx.

Edited by Hiramite

10 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

It may cut into ratios some but not all the way down to 10-1. Probably around 15-1. 700mb and 500mb winds are actually quite weak during snowfall here, so it shouldn't mess with the DGZ much.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. IMHO winds of 20-25 knots between the DGZ and the ground starts chipping away at ratios and by the time winds get to 35-40 knots it's tough to get anything above 12:1.

• THUMBS UP 1