December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

13 minutes ago, RobB said:

I look at them all.  I just do not emotionally attach myself to any of them 🙂

Oh I do to. But I don't take them as gospel. Hands in ears to what is being said at this point about what we're hearing. 

If this were slamming most OV peeps right now who would not be legitimately concerned in the OV?

Edited by Grace
  • LIKE 3
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Grace said:

Oh I do to. But I don't take them as gospel. Hands in ears to what is being said at this point about what we're seeing. 

If this were slamming most OV peeps right now who would not be legitimately concerned in the OV?

Windows and Power outages is the biggest potential issue for many with this bugger.  That would be ballz 😞

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

this is not a good start

kma_acc_snow_conus_1802.png

This is not towards @Ohiobuckeye45 I'm just using his map to make my point. 

Most of the models are giving me snow...so I hope folks know my comments are not for me. Just based upon experience. We have the same conversations on these forums every winter. We just don't seem to remember them from year to year. 

• LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

I’d love to experience a storm of that magnitude!  

Especially as a kid.  I didn't have to deal with disposal of the stuff nor the need to drive anywhere 🙂

• LIKE 2

Just now, RobB said:

Windows and Power outages is the biggest potential issue for many with this bugger.  That would be ballz 😞

Yes.  Single digit temps, power outages, no snow, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  This has the potential to absolutely suck.

• THUMBS UP 3

1 minute ago, RobB said:

I meant concerned about missing. No one would realistically think a storm that models have placed everywhere will hold track for 72-84hrs. We know that there will be shifts. Even subtle shifts have big implications for many. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

These are a bit improved if I recall correctly.

1 minute ago, mafa said:

I’ll take a glass half full approach: still showing some snows across Ohio 

alot of these are from the post a page back in that once the low gets in to IN/IL/MI the spread widens, we would benefit from a track over S MI vs. N IL

• THUMBS UP 2

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

alot of these are from the post a page back in that once the low gets in to IN/IL/MI the spread widens, we would benefit from a track over S MI vs. N IL

At least many of us can count on moisture off the lakes..Michigan down my way) providing some snow showery activity even when models don't show it.  We shall see..

• THUMBS UP 2

36 minutes ago, MidwestWX said:

We're having a conversation about watch products for our CWA for this exact reason. I-90 is not a great road to be on with blizzard conditions. I'm even more worried about how much "light" snow we'll get prior to the wind kicking in. My initial concern from a few days ago is looking even more concerning with how the 00z models trended.

Eventually the models will go too far then trend back east a bit, but I don't think that'll happen until they go farther west of what the Euro has been showing. 

It's going to be a rough storm, a good time to stay inside. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1