December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Just now, Wnwniner said:

Odds are strong this starts as rain for central Ohio, right?  So we can't pretreat roads...

Any rough ideas on timing yet?  Just starting to plan our response...

appears to be the case for Ohio, and most of eastern, if not all of Indiana.

• SAD 1

6 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

I’m off Thursday but very  worried about Friday.
Veterinary clinics hardly ever close (except for major holidays) ….if we are open….my boss will come get me in his truck, he’s done that several times. 
Last time was last February? I was his only tech that day because he DID pick me up, lol, but it was kinda fun too. 

All I know is I’m not driving no matter what. 

NWS meteorologists are expected to either 1) violate their own watch/warning product suggestions to travel into work or 2) heed NWS suggestions and sleep at the office until travel conditions improve

I think I heard two mets in Duluth spent almost 60 hours at the office before going home with last weeks storm.

• DISAPPOINTED 1
  • SAD 1
  • LAUGH 1

Just now, StLweatherjunkie said:

This 12z NAM looks ... not east ...

image.thumb.png.20c48ea74dce0748fe778d0703d1cca2.png

Agreed, it’s all over the place though. Hour 69 it has the low in Southern OK and 3 hours later has it in southern NM…agreed though it’s definitely west of the 6z

10 minutes ago, junior said:

Funny you say that because as a medical worker either my boss will come pick me up or the police will in snowstorms. It makes me feel special/needed I guess. 😆

It makes me feel like we should just close lol!

(but Id feel really bad for the sick ones too, because we won’t be there for them until after Christmas….and a sick pet during an emergency is just as scary as a sick human. Believe me. 😞 )

5 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

Agreed, it’s all over the place though. Hour 69 it has the low in Southern OK and 3 hours later has it in southern NM…agreed though it’s definitely west of the 6z

Folks needs to stop treating Tropical Tidbits surface low algorithm like it's gospel ... it's pretty clear there's still a low pressure in Oklahoma here. Just because the red "L" is analyzed in New Mexico means nothing. 

image.thumb.png.6890761e6ff8aa33707a2f7f97f46108.png

• THANKS 1

1 minute ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

Folks needs to stop treating Tropical Tidbits surface low algorithm like it's gospel ... it's pretty clear there's still a low pressure in Oklahoma here. Just because the red "L" is analyzed in New Mexico means nothing. 

image.thumb.png.6890761e6ff8aa33707a2f7f97f46108.png

FWIW pivotal shows the same thing but understood. 

• THUMBS UP 1

40 minutes ago, RobB said:

Finally someone is mentioning "dry air" for these phantom backside snow solutions

I think there is this notion that even if we're going to miss out on the main storm, the backend still gives a white Christmas, I'm truly not so sure about that

• THINKING 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1

1 minute ago, RadioWX said:

low is all over the place hours 72-84

I think this is the same discussion we just had, its really not. Tracks from southern Oklahoma right into Chicago although weaker than globals. I see it now, much harder to tell from the phone. 

• THUMBS UP 1