December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

4 minutes ago, easton229 said:

He’s Doubling down on his more eastern thought than the modes are showing. Bold, but I like it since it means more snow for me lol 

He shifted a bit west with his call but I like that he didn't constantly flip flop. Made his thoughts available and adjusted west as time progressed. 

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

He shifted a bit west with his call but I like that he didn't constantly flip flop. Made his thoughts available and adjusted west as time progressed. 

Yes, his original thoughts were Chicago was too far west let alone Dubuque IA. Heard 6Z Euro shifted east some and is less amped for second run in a row.

1 minute ago, NWOhioChaser said:

That looks depressing

Yep, looks like mid-30s and rain, a flash freeze, then 1-2" on top. Just enough to make things slippery, but the big story here is going to be the wind and cold. 

• LIKE 1
  • DISAPPOINTED 1

4 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Yep, looks like mid-30s and rain, a flash freeze, then 1-2" on top. Just enough to make things slippery, but the big story here is going to be the wind and cold. 

Yeah…13ABC saying gusts between 50-60 possible. Guess I’ll have to get the generator out. 

• SHIVERING 1

48 minutes ago, RobB said:

Thought he would stick to his guns? 😂 

These people need to learn to chill until details are ironed out.  That map sure as hell doesn't represent what his bullish predictions were yesterday. 

Edited by beaver56

On 12/17/2022 at 2:19 PM, Wnwniner said:

Bernie says we're in the bullseye 5 days out. What can go wrong? I mean, being the bullseye in this time frame has worked sooooooooooo well in the past.

This aged well...we're now firmly in the "get excited about maybe a few inches of backside snow" camp...

• THUMBS UP 1

9 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

Thought he would stick to his guns? 😂 

These people need to learn to chill until details are ironed out.  That map sure as hell doesn't represent what his bullish predictions were yesterday. 

I have no problem with it. It wasn't his final call and have no problem with them opining where they see things falling. Sometimes it works out. Waiting until it is but guaranteed (though in local conditions, nothing is guaranteed) is not useful either. As far as snow hopes dashed or not, one would think peeps would quit tracking digital snows so early 😊

• LIKE 2

Euro has been the most consistent on a low in  south MI. I don’t think it’s shown an eastern solution in a minute. It makes sense to ride the baroclinic zone there. Now that solution would still work for OH/IN if it gets wrapped up and stacked. 

Edited by junior
  • LIKE 1

Saw someone state earlier about getting generator ready....

From DTX afd:

The latest 19.00Z ECMWF run has 75 knots at 925mb over Toledo and western Lake Erie at 24.00Z. Stated it earlier, but the main narrative should be about the impacts the strong winds would bring with falling snow during the holiday travel period and potential widespread power outages.

• SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

19 minutes ago, RobB said:

I have no problem with it. It wasn't his final call and have no problem with them opining where they see things falling. Sometimes it works out. Waiting until it is but guaranteed (though in local conditions, nothing is guaranteed) is not useful either. As far as snow hopes dashed or not, one would think peeps would quit tracking digital snows so early 😊

I agree with the opinions.  The problem is that most of our general population can't decipher potential from reality.  Sadly, honest forecasting simply doesn't pay as well as the hype machines because people love drama.  I find it ironic he stated he would not update over the weekend and yet that is exactly what he did and is now changing his tune because of the weekend update he said he wasn't going to do.  There are ways to notify and express caution without causing a sensationalized situation.  Maybe not as extreme as other, but never the less still much of the same.  Just my two cents.

P.S. - People with social media accounts all need a PR rep to edit what they post.  😆

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, beaver56 said:

I agree with the opinions.  The problem is that most of our general population can't decipher potential from reality.  Sadly, honest forecasting simply doesn't pay as well as the hype machines because people love drama.  I find it ironic he stated he would not update over the weekend and yet that is exactly what he did and is now changing his tune because of the weekend update he said he wasn't going to do.  There are ways to notify and express caution without causing a sensationalized situation.  Maybe not as extreme as other, but never the less still much of the same.  Just my two cents.

P.S. - People with social media accounts all need a PR rep to edit what they post.  😆

There are a few people/groups I can definitely think of this with 😂

9 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

Saw someone state earlier about getting generator ready....

From DTX afd:

The latest 19.00Z ECMWF run has 75 knots at 925mb over Toledo and western Lake Erie at 24.00Z. Stated it earlier, but the main narrative should be about the impacts the strong winds would bring with falling snow during the holiday travel period and potential widespread power outages.

That’s wild. So we’re talking 75 knots at surface level??

Quite honestly, the wind/flash freeze/extreme cold is what I’ve been warning friends and family in Ohio about since Saturday. Told them snow totals won’t matter as much as those factors. And with the wind it’ll be hard to tell just how much falls anyhow. 

Edited by NWsnowhio
  • LIKE 1

Just now, NWsnowhio said:

That’s wild. So we’re talking 75 knots at surface level??

Quite honestly, the wind/flash/freeze/extreme cold is what I’ve been warning friends and family in Ohio about since Saturday. Told them snow totals won’t matter as much as those factors. And with the wind it’ll be hard to tell just how much falls anyhow. 

Correct. At this point, with wind gusts that high and the freeze behind, my attention has been drawn much more to this aspect of it than the snow totals TBH. 

• LIKE 2
  • SHIVERING 1