December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

1 minute ago, MidMichiganWx said:

I look less at ensemble means every year - they are good data points to look at but rarely verify IMO. 

ECM is just too far west. With the long range predictions showing so much cold, I don’t see rain being that far west. 

Bernie mentioned that about the ensemble means in his video today as well. Basically called out people who said he was wrong because he was not agreeing with what the ensemble means were showing a couple days ago and now look what is going on.

6 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Any of the energy players for this beast get any sampling with the 0z suite tonight? I could look, but if someone else has already done the leg work, thought I'd ask first. 

eh, just took a look - pretty clear that we've got a long way to go here. Sometimes sampling changes very little, but other times there can be pretty sharp changes with sampling. Guess I won't start taking any op runs/trends too seriously until about 12z on Tuesday.

Edited by MesoscaleBanding
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

4 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

eh, just took a look - pretty clear that we've got a long way to go here. Sometimes sampling changes very little, but other times there can be pretty sharp changes with sampling. Guess I won't start taking any op runs/trends too seriously until about 12z on Tuesday.

This is where I'm at. Operational models always seem to struggle with these big arctic fronts and the energies that interact with them. Usually the systems are too amped until sampling occurs. Makes it a difficult forecast nonetheless. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

• Social Media Crew
13 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

image.thumb.png.fbe34c6bff01921b8989bdfc08d73e75.png

I saw this on Twitter in reference to the NAM vs. the Euro.. however, if you look at the trough over North Dakota, it’s positively tilted. On the Euro, that’s negative. Would indicate dig.. East? I don’t know a ton, just throwing it out there. 

• THUMBS UP 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayPSU said:

What step of denial are we in when we’re looking anywhere for models we like?  😀

Back in the Accu Weather days, it was around this time we anxiously awaited the posting of the Brazilian Model.  For some reason, it always looked good.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

984 over Chicago 

Geez 🤦🏽‍♂️
I should have stayed away for a couple days. Give me the 0z gfs from yesterday back 😂😂😂. This will be a fun storm to see unfold. Let’s see what happens. This will be something.