December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I'm really having a hard time with this thing cutting so hard into such deep cold air with a powerful HP system pressing SE. 🤦‍♂️

My guess on what's happening is that the cold air moves south so quickly along the western High Plains that it causes the upper trough to tilt in the orientation that favors quick strengthening. On top of that there's a massive amount of energy on the backside of the trough allowing it to dig further on the west side creating this negative tilt type orientation. I think that scenario is definitely possible, but really depends on timing. 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • THANKS 1
  • LOVE 1

11 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Cyclones stopped updating but the end result is out so...spoiler alert 😅

eps_acc_snow_ens_p2_greatlakes_138.thumb.png.5cd83b092fdc49fdd19c1ec48b69aa66.pngeps_acc_snow_ens_p1_greatlakes_144.thumb.png.c0e0931a63f55871ff32336391bf8684.png

Wow those are brutally bad for WPa. Only one purple. 37 are pretty much nothing. The rest maybe 2-3 inches. 

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Cincy goes from 46F to 3F in 6 hours. 

glad I got the furnace replaced last week they wanted to do sometime this week I was like NOPE..what's coming I need this now the old one will not survive what is coming lol

319151669_694662382058584_5040815778055116392_n.jpg

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

I keep telling myself, we’re not even in the long range of the NAM… still plenty of time either way.

I do generally feel that storms tend the weaken on the models as we get closer so there’s that going from an Eastern shift.

However, it also feels like all the models picked up on this early on which makes me think the signal is strong.

Hmmmmm ☺️

15 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

My guess on what's happening is that the cold air moves south so quickly along the western High Plains that it causes the upper trough to tilt in the orientation that favors quick strengthening. On top of that there's a massive amount of energy on the backside of the trough allowing it to dig further on the west side creating this negative tilt type orientation. I think that scenario is definitely possible, but really depends on timing. 

Yes please. 

Edited by SOMOSnow

1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

Mine was replaced and upgraded this past summer

mine was over 25 yrs old it was the original furnace when the house was built in 1995.....still fired up and heated at the beginning of this cold season but it didn't want to shut off and would keep the blower running  I had to manually shut it off ....I was like I think it's time to replace it lol

19 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

Wow those are brutally bad for WPa. Only one purple. 37 are pretty much nothing. The rest maybe 2-3 inches. 

I only counted about 20 that were not at least in the blue for my area of Pittsburgh. I think one thing to also keep in mind with this is that the temperatures with this on the Euro are extremely low, so even if there would only be 2 inches if the ratios were 10 to 1, it will have to be accounted for that ratios in the end for this event will probably be 15 to even 20 to 1.