December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

Even if it was to shift 100-150 miles the snow area is so expansive with this that a huge area could get 12+ especially when you throw in the snow ratios that doesn't happen often

I see this nw bias as being even more likely to correct considering massive arctic push 

2 minutes ago, DJKuo said:

The REAL question we should be asking ourselves is, what's this storm's name going to be from The Weather Channel? 😉 

Dang I missed the opportunity to post this! 😂 of course usually i post the name lol

And it better be a good name. This one deserves a special name

Edited by CIWeather

26 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

A lot of the board will enjoy this new tweet. 👇

Haven't seen too much BAMWX analysis put up on American Wx. This may end up trending back SE; certainly the last several winters have favored more progressive solutions that lack the big phase. Although BAM' s track record the last several winters isn't much better than Bastardi when announcing winters arrival. 

• THUMBS UP 2

11 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Like it for our area as well. Could look like a genius, or like a fool. But without any sampling that’s just really bold. Guess time will tell!

I mean, that coupled with DTX’s AFD from earlier has me feeling cautiously optimistic.

• LIKE 1

Noob questions...

I'm used to storms that come from that direction and WAA being an issue, at least here in columbus.  This is a different setup, right, with such a strong low pressure and such cold air to the NW, the storm is going to "pull in" or generate its own cold, right?

• THUMBS UP 2

1 hour ago, NeXrad said:

is it though? 50- 60 mph winds with 2 inches of snow lol

320585642_683600416753077_6347329237495516665_n.jpg

You know a major winter storm/blizzard for the Ohio valley/Great Lakes doesn’t mean Kentucky gets more than 2 inches.. what he said is absolutely true.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Wnwniner said:

Noob questions...

I'm used to storms that come from that direction and WAA being an issue, at least here in columbus.  This is a different setup, right, with such a strong low pressure and such cold air to the NW, the storm is going to "pull in" or generate its own cold, right?

It is definitely a different setup with the strength (and potentially the speed) of the cold.

30 minutes ago, Wnwniner said:

Noob questions...

WAA will ALWAYS be out ahead of the low (in reference an approaching storm from the SW here), but timing at which cold air pulls in after, is what's different here. No one out east of the low will stay all snow, but being right under the low this go round will yield almost an immediate changeover to snow, typically its takes a while for cold air to filter back in 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_19.png

gfs_T2m_ncus_20.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1