December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

13 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Keep in mind sampling won't occur until sometime tomorrow evening. Some of us have been around long enough to see models go west, west, west, and east, east, east until that occurs and then the actual solution becomes clear. 

I'd hang tight until then. 

I think the biggest change could be to go South considering the massive arctic push 

Edited by SOMOSnow

1 minute ago, MidMichiganWx said:

I’ll be in Metro Detroit celebrating Christmas with my family - this looks historic for Mid-Michigan and I won’t even be home to see it. Rooting for my Metro Detroit squad. 

Hey I’m sure we’ll get historic amounts of rain here in metro Detroit 😂

• MELTING 1

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

FWIW, a lot of the Mets on Twitter think these runs are way too far west.  We shall see…

I'm hoping they correct further South which helps me and also likely helps you get this further East

Edited by SOMOSnow
  • LIKE 2

Just now, Central Illinois said:

You could have 2 inches falling and as long as you get 35mph winds for I think more than 3 hours its considered a blizzard warning 

Yeah, by definition it's only visibility and wind speed so in THEORY, you could get an inch with blizzard warning. It would be a phony way to get it, but it could happen

• LIKE 2

It’s showing 14” of backside snow on the 18z GFS for me. I just won’t believe it as it’s basically never happens that way. These west trends are not good. Seems like just yesterday we were looking at a costal low lol.

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Yeah, by definition it's only visibility and wind speed so in THEORY, you could get an inch with blizzard warning. It would be a phony way to get it, but it could happen

is this criteria across the board or is blizzard classification different by region?

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

A lot of the board will enjoy this new tweet. 👇

Even if it was to shift 100-150 miles the snow area is so expansive with this that a huge area could get 12+ especially when you throw in the snow ratios that doesn't happen often

Edited by Central Illinois
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1