December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Only real concern for Southern members of the forum is a track too far North. It's hard to see that happening considering such a massive push of arctic air is accompanying thus system. If anything, I think this trends South for the portion of the storm impacting Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky and perhaps South and West parts of Illinois. Time will tell the tale, but I believe this will end up further South than what the consensus of modeling is showing currently.

3 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Is Bernie usually correct??

Certainly knows his stuff.    He’s usually way more focused on the NE thank Ohio valley.   Nobody is correct 100% of the time.    He’s been pretty consistent with his thoughts and thinking last 72 hours.   

• LIKE 2

Just now, junior said:

Would this be one of those blizzard warnings for a few inches of snow? We shall see. 😄. Technically there is no snow requirement in ILN other than blowing snow and 35mph+ gusts sustained for 3 hours.

Those are almost the worst type of blizzards. When you get one with very little snow. 😂

• LAUGH 1

Think its safe to say roadways are going to be poor, which means I'm going to be working... a lot.  Never thought I would not be excited about a big storm, but being away from family at the holidays isn't my idea of fun.  Either way, lets do this-looking forward to model mayhem over the next few days as we plan our response.

And remember-DON'T CROW THE PLOW!

I’m not saying it’s going to be exactly the same, but this has a similar look to the Blizzard of 1978. Especially the temperature structure with warm air being wrapped around the north side of the storm and the location of the low. I remember studying this storm in my atmospheric science course and talking about the warm front being wrapped around to the west side of the storm. 
3726B239-68E7-4D3B-AD34-E6156C21C2C0.thumb.png.1a9f133d843988f0d0e3cfa28cedbbad.png

• LIKE 2
  • WOW 1

52 minutes ago, RadioWX said:

Certainly knows his stuff.    He’s usually way more focused on the NE thank Ohio valley.   Nobody is correct 100% of the time.    He’s been pretty consistent with his thoughts and thinking last 72 hours.   

Thank you.

all of a sudden, I’m not so excited for this to happen now. It’s the rain beforehand, then those temps coming in behind. Nothing but ice under the snow kinda freaks me out. 

Edited by Indygirl