December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Meteorologist
2 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

Will this lead up to Christmas be plagued by yet another night of Pros3lyte slamming his laptop shut in disgust? Tune in early next week when sampling occurs to find out the stunning conclusion to our story!

This program brought to you by all the people in Wisconsin who almost always get their Christmas dreams fulfilled. 

It's been a blessing to leave SE MI. I miss the family and sports but not the awful(ly disappointing) winter weather. If we get anything up here I'll live stream it for everyone 😄

• LOVE 1

3 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

While I love the idea of 3+ ft of snow, I think the high winds are going to prevent ratios above 12:1 with this system even though it's quite cold. 

With so much blowing around, probably wont matter much to you either way 🙂

• SHIVERING 2

5 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

FWIW, this is modeled snow depth Sunday evening when the next system is coming into the picture. More pessimistic or perhaps realistic than snow ratio maps. 

image.thumb.png.2853a90f3bad1da6cc76cf50af0f4e71.png

It warms my heart to see this posted.

Snow depth maps are almost always better indicators of real ground accumulation vs either the 10:1 or Kuchera maps.

• THUMBS UP 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Would it be okay to include the 0z and 12z ICON runs and do a comparison to previous runs to show a trend?

I don't have any other highlighter colors, lol.

After looking at its 12Z run, the low center (as previously discussed) is bouncing all over the place (from Chicago to Erie).  For the time being, I'm gonna stick with the big 3.

Edit:  As for trends, here the 0Z again in the spoiler.  

Spoiler

71DCBBC1-BA93-4508-9AD4-754B6697DB03.thumb.jpeg.ede13054a005714d2573afbeff2570c4.jpeg

Edited by Hiramite
  • LAUGH 1

4 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

I don't have any other highlighter colors, lol.

After looking at its 12Z run, the low center (as previously discussed) is bouncing all over the place (from Chicago to Erie).  For the time being, I'm gonna stick with the big 3.

I see now on the Highlighter colors.