December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

4 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Complete cave by the euro then we lose the GFS...it can never be easy...LOL. the only one that's had a bit of consistency is the CMC. The euro is showing what the 12z cmc had

I'd rather have the Euro and CMC on my side than the GFS.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Complete cave by the euro then we lose the GFS..

I see we have lost the GFS (for now), but don't see the Euro cave.  What am I missing...maybe its too early for  me.

6 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

I see we have lost the GFS (for now), but don't see the Euro cave.  What am I missing...maybe its too early for  me.

He’s saying the euro caved in a good way to the more robust solutions, but then the  06Z op gfs lost it. It def can never be easy lol.  

Edited by Mulaman984
  • LIKE 1

8 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Euro essentially went from a frontal passage to a Miller B 

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

He’s saying the euro caved in a good way to the more robust solutions, but then the  06Z op gfs lost it. It def can never be easy lol.  

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Euro essentially went from a frontal passage to a Miller B 

Oh, I thought you meant it in a bad way.  Thx.

Models are now lockstep together on western ridging during this time frame. I feel like things are interesting now, although I was partial to the clipper only idea where there was no potential for surging warm air out ahead of the system, euro would allow that and as we get closer we all know how that goes

global_pna_2022121500.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

15 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

Those who know Scott - pretty solid (no hype). So I find it interesting he posted the euro.

Might as well start getting the word out now since that’s a huge travel day for Christmas. Can already see people complaining about hyping something up though if it doesn’t verify. Double edged sword.

• LIKE 2

6 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

3-4" in time for Christmas....I'd take it in a heartbeat.  Kind of like the snow we had for Christmas of 2020.

yup....I would much rather take the 3-4'' of fluff the unphased clipper solutions were showing rather than rolling the dice on a 6''+ with the prospect of being rear ended by WAA out ahead and clinging to the always over modeled "backside snow".......but I guess we don't really have a say haha

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Capture.JPG

I see the Ensemble Mean is 10:1 which is probably going to be pretty conservative with these temps.  What is the ratio for the above chart?