December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

37 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Never fails that the eastern edge of Macomb, Wayne, and Monroe counties in SEMI get a quarter of the rest of MI. But even then, 9” would be amazing.

I’m trying to reserve myself that Lucas county will be in a general 1-3” zone. Energy isn’t even sampled yet, so there’s so much time to watch things unfold. A white Christmas with 1” on the ground is my lowest expectation.

2 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

I’m trying to reserve myself that Lucas county will be in a general 1-3” zone. Energy isn’t even sampled yet, so there’s so much time to watch things unfold. A white Christmas with 1” on the ground is my lowest expectation.

I will accept nothing less than the 2’ the GFS is showing 😝

• LAUGH 2

7 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

I’m sitting in Temperance (extreme SE MI) I’ve seen this end one of 2 ways…we end up in the bullseye and get dry slotted or it goes just a touch NW and we end up with 34° cold rain. 

We've had about one storm per year in these parts that hits hard, typically later in the winter season (February). 

It's still way too far out to get excited about anything. Models have historically had a very difficult time handling setups like this. Tuesday evening things will probably get sorted. In the meantime to me everything else is just noise regarding track and intensity. 

• LIKE 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

I think the Euro should pop a coastal just to mess with us.  😊

I literally just wrote this in the other thread: 

“I think something to keep an eye on: that artic boundary pushing thorough is a classic baroclynic boundary. Coast should watch for a spin up." 

Clarification: in addition to what happens in the midwest.

• THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

West she goes...have painfully seen this a million times over the years. The eastern OV members need that HP to bear down a bit more, ugh.

But hey, aren't we Ohioans getting use to the pre-Christmas torchy rain events?😂

At least it’s a storm that will happen literally at the beginning of winter. 2+ months to track after it departs!

That being said, many of us are overdue for a White Christmas.

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • THUMBS UP 1