December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

21 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Blizzard Bill essentially all in this morning on Facebook. Just a question of timing with the front and how well all the ingredients come together.

One thing to look out for too will be lakeshore flooding on Friday with those strong N/NW winds. Going to be some epic waves on the lakes. 

Always admired him and his forecasts. Very conservative and relies on old school forecasting. 

His latest post says it’s a classsic GFS vs. EURO war. Verbatim: 

“The story of 2 weather models that don't agree. GFS ( American Model has the surface storm Friday near Cleveland. ( Better snow for us ) Ecmwf Hi- Res has the surface low near Flint. Less snow, more rain and winter mix. Plenty to watch.  In short, the euro is further west and north, the GFS is further south and east. Either way plenty of wind and could be a mess.”

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

So let’s be honest, is this a storm where those backend snows can happen, or is my fellow Ohio brethren screwed?

We're not even within 100 hours yet - lots of model mayhem still to come most likely. But with such a vigorous ULL, we'd still be in line for some fun & games even with the more western solution verifying.

• LIKE 2

1 minute ago, junior said:

Nasty winds

GFS has 50-60mph gusts - Also could hamper higher kuchera ratios with these winds(read some post)

USA_GUSTM_sfc_129.gif

USA_GUSTM_sfc_132.gif

With those winds, it would be tough to measure the exact amount for sure.

Just now, mafa said:

Maybe the snow from Illinois can blow into Ohio 🤣

With those winds, it may end up there 😂

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

We're not even within 100 hours yet - lots of model mayhem still to come most likely. But with such a vigorous ULL, we'd still be in line for some fun & games even with the more western solution verifying.

Even as far northwest as the UP, I'm uncomfortable with more than a few of the 00z EPS members:

542889394_12-1800zEPSMSLP.thumb.png.a93e1eecd7993093cfc8700812f8d83d.png

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

Not liking the fact the GFS is more west. I’d like to see it start shifting east on 18z.

On a side note the GFS keeps showing a warm up the following week. I thought the cold would have had more staying power.

Edited by SNOWBOB11