December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, Pros3lyte said:

Haha my claim is backed by no scientific fact whatsoever except the fact that I spend so many evenings every winter slamming my laptop shut and forcing my wife to listen to me complain about how much I can’t stand living in SEMI 

TBF it typically does a great job in any other scenario but extreme cold lol

21 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

Haha my claim is backed by no scientific fact whatsoever except the fact that I spend so many evenings every winter slamming my laptop shut and forcing my wife to listen to me complain about how much I can’t stand living in SEMI 

Plenty of space for you UP here!

• LAUGH 1

Blizzard Bill essentially all in this morning on Facebook. Just a question of timing with the front and how well all the ingredients come together.

One thing to look out for too will be lakeshore flooding on Friday with those strong N/NW winds. Going to be some epic waves on the lakes. 

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, BoroBuckeye said:

This will show in the 12Z runs, correct?

Putting this back out there in case it was buried from last night.

yeah it should

Edited by Ingyball
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, beaver56 said:

Have a really bad feeling about this. I th8nk Ohio and Indiana could be a miss on the heavy snow. Seen it a million times. 

What would be more disappointing for me is if this was less wound up.  I want snow but I can live with a wound up storm that lashes with winds and snow showers after.

• LIKE 1

27 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Blizzard Bill essentially all in this morning on Facebook. Just a question of timing with the front and how well all the ingredients come together.

One thing to look out for too will be lakeshore flooding on Friday with those strong N/NW winds. Going to be some epic waves on the lakes. 

I just found his page. 
will listen in a bit, thank you for the tip! 

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

That ICON run shows temperatures in central/west-cent. OH going from near 40F to below 0 in a matter of about 6 hours. Would be crazy

That definitely would be something!

24 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

ICON is still clueless - SLP jumps from Grand Rapids, MI to Erie PA in a matter of 3 hours. 

I think you are putting too much faith in tropical tidbits algorithm to find the surface low center. Looking at the MSLP field you can see there's still a low pressure at the southern edge of Lake MI at h117. 

Edit: to be fair the ICON has been more consistent than some other models being cited frequently in this thread 🙃

Anyways ... that'll do donkey, that'll do:

image.thumb.png.f5608dcbe3f0ae5e4825a2d36e8ac27f.png

Edited by StLweatherjunkie
  • LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • TROPHY 1

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

I think you are putting too much faith in tropical tidbits algorithm to find the surface low center. Looking at the MSLP field you can see there's still a low pressure at the southern edge of Lake MI at h117. 

You beat me to the explanation!! Thank you 🙂

• THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

Edit: to be fair the ICON has been more consistent than some other models being cited frequently in this thread 🙃

Fair point - I don't have any faith in any ICON solution though. Consistency could always just mean consistently incorrect. Question - if the TT algorithm jumps the main SLP from G.R. to Erie in 3 hours, won't that erroneously affect what the model precipitation/temperature output consequently shows?