December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Meteorologist

GFS and Canadian look great for me, we'll see if we cash in on Monday here too but idk with the marginal temps. Still think this may trend south and west more with that crazy surface high, but in this setup it may not actually screw me over. 

• LIKE 1

GFS caving isn’t at all surprising at this point. CMC went east a fair bit. Models will probably continue with the eastern lakes cutter idea for a bit longer but I really do believe they will start to shift back east. I think they’re slightly over amplifying the low and it’s causing it the cut west. By 18z tomorrow things should start to go back more in line with a track further east again.

• THUMBS UP 1

Clipper coming in Christmas Day in cmc!! Listen I know we all like big storms but the goal here is a white Christmas you can get 3 inches or so down with snow in the air Christmas Day it’s a success to me. We got 90+ days to get big ones after the holiday it’s just the spirit and happiness of Christmas that I want 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

definitely some timing differences, for those of us hoping for the backside to play out, this will be something to watch, we need the low to hang around a bit in the lakes

models-2022121712-f156.prateptype.conus.gif

I know you think you are on the backside of this, but this is five days out and somehow I don’t think you will be when it’s all said and done