December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

45 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Omg….if they’re putting this out there already?….in my area (Indiana) people will be going bonkers within a day or two!

….just the mention of a system approaching being compared to 1978 is crazy! 

Im gonna go check out their latest on Facebook. I was too busy at work yesterday to even be online. 

People are already going crazy. 

• Meteorologist

Here's the WPC day 5 for those in the western GL or Upper Midwest. 

My concern is that we'll see a prolonged period of ground blizzard conditions regardless of a potent sfc low. An Arctic high that strong doesn't take much to make things blow around up here. Plus I'd imagine a 0.25" qpf would be plenty for the MN river valley and I-90 corridor to turn into a snow globe!

prbww_sn25_DAY5_conus.gif

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1

51 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Omg….if they’re putting this out there already?….in my area (Indiana) people will be going bonkers within a day or two!

….just the mention of a system approaching being compared to 1978 is crazy! 

Im gonna go check out their latest on Facebook. I was too busy at work yesterday to even be online. 

That’s it, I’m sold. BAM is in bed with a bunch grocery chain stores and needs some extra holiday cash😆

• LAUGH 5

Just now, CrazyINwx said:

People are already going crazy. 

It’s because Blizzard is being thrown out there. That’s actually the easy call here though as pressure differences are really going to ramp up winds. The location is the tricky part, though I would say the setup favors the more western solutions.

• LIKE 1

26 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

That’s it, I’m sold. BAM is in bed with a bunch grocery chain stores and needs some extra holiday cash😆

I watched the video.  They were making comparisons to the Blizzard of 78 on strength and location, but by NO means were they saying this will be just like the Blizzard of 78!!

• LIKE 3

8 minutes ago, GRR said:

I watched the video.  They were making comparisons to the Blizzard of 78 on strength and location, but by NO means were they saying this will be just like the Blizzard of 78!!

That's good. That'd be irresponsible at this point in time... 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
35 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Off topic but it looks like the Northern Plains got some pretty hefty totals up there. Really going to help anchor that cold and give it a bit more moxie as it barrels on downward.

Very impressive results across much of the region! I've managed to sneak out 8-10" depth imby. 

nsm_depth_2022121705_Upper_Midwest.jpg

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3

Ready for the 12z suite to have wild solutions. I'm slightly worried about the coastal that forms on the GFS which may prevent this system from strengthening in time for our region. Not an issue on the Euro,GEM/UK though. 

I can deal with a lot snow, but the wind and cold will suck for the travel aspect of this. No matter where this hits, and if the hype verifies, rural areas could be impassable for extended periods of time. Which, honestly isn't fun if you want to spend time with your family. Thank the lord my in-laws live within walking distance and we won't get stranded with them. 😂 

Edited by beaver56
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 5

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, junior said:

Another look at 0z Euro Kuchera 

download.png

I know it really doesn't mean anything at this point, but with respect to the E. Ohio totals, this map seems "out of touch" with a storm tracking from St. Louis to W. Michigan.  The 10:1 map might even be a stretch IMO.  But for example, CLE is 2.6" and Youngstown is 4.4" on the 10:1 map.  Those would be some crazy ratios to convert to 12.5" and 14.7" respectively, lol.

• LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

I know it really doesn't mean anything at this point, but with respect to the E. Ohio totals, this map seems "out of touch" with a storm tracking from St. Louis to W. Michigan.  The 10:1 map might even be a stretch IMO.  But for example, CLE is 2.6" and Youngstown is 4.4" on the 10:1 map.  Those would be some crazy ratios to convert to 12.5" and 14.7" respectively, lol.

For my peace of mind, I tend to always look at 10:1 and any ratios above that is icing on cake to Me 😊

• THUMBS UP 2