December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

51 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

This is the most I’ve ever seen him not poo poo something more than 48 hours out  (out of Louisville). Extremely conservative when it comes to this. 

meanwhile the morning WDRB met today said the Ohio Valley is in for a "doozy"   ..there must be a lot of infighting in that weather department

• YUCK 1

• Meteorologist
2 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I nearly get a foot of snow, it's Tulsa that is the Oklahoma Winner!

The storm system is shifting west, now Y'all are going to be mad at me when that happens!

Don't get too excited yet. The storm could still burry itself down in Mexico and leave us hanging in the cold. 

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Ingyball said:

Don't get too excited yet. The storm could still burry itself down in Mexico and leave us hanging in the cold. 

And give the Coastal area the snow, I'm many Coastal Texan Snow lovers would go absolutely insane when they see a model run featuring that!

For MBY (Columbus Ohio) the 18z GFS feels like a unicorn or 1:5000 year scenario, and has to be the upper limit of what might actually happen.  It would be the most snow in this area ever (pretty sure), and we get white Christmas once every 8? 12? years.  So a 100+ year storm, with perfect timing for Christmas-just seems like such a once in a lifetime circumstance.

I REALLY appreciate this group.  I've got a new job where I am now THE GUY in charge of our snow and ice response, and we can't get these details or analysis anywhere else.  You guys have no idea how much further ahead I feel having this resource to help us plan, prepare, understand what the models are really doing, etc. 

• LIKE 5
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • FIRE 1

2 minutes ago, Wnwniner said:

For MBY (Columbus Ohio) the 18z GFS feels like a unicorn or 1:5000 year scenario, and has to be the upper limit of what might actually happen.  It would be the most snow in this area ever (pretty sure), and we get white Christmas once every 8? 12? years.  So a 100+ year storm, with perfect timing for Christmas-just seems like such a once in a lifetime circumstance.

I REALLY appreciate this group.  I've got a new job where I am now THE GUY in charge of our snow and ice response, and we can't get these details or analysis anywhere else.  You guys have no idea how much further ahead I feel having this resource to help us plan, prepare, understand what the models are really doing, etc. 

Columbus, Ohio here too. I’m just a weather enthusiast/amateur weatherman, but run a weather FB group for Licking County.  This group and the people in it provide excellent analysis and over the years, I’ve learned quite a bit.  Invaluable stuff here!

• THUMBS UP 2

6 minutes ago, Blitz said:

Columbus, Ohio here too. I’m just a weather enthusiast/amateur weatherman, but run a weather FB group for Licking County.  This group and the people in it provide excellent analysis and over the years, I’ve learned quite a bit.  Invaluable stuff here!

what’s the page I’m in muskingum

2 hours ago, SOMOSnow said:

18z GFS weatherbell kuchera through Christmas. Absolutely amazing! Would be an historic Christmas storm for the record books! If only this were 12 hours out. 

Screenshot_20221216_170642_Samsung Internet.jpg

Noob question but GFS stands for "Good for Snow", right? 

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 4
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • FIRE 2