December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

12 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Does your county’s Sheriff Dept have an app? We (Pickaway) use their app for real time updates. Otherwise, we just check Columbus’ new site, like NBC4. 

8 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

I believe you go to your country sheriff website. 

Yeah I was just looking for a fancy map like this but I don't think a "real time" one exists. This was as of 5:30. Would be going through multiple counties but ill just continue to look them each up on each county

snowem.jpg

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

I finally climbed to above 0°.  Now at 1° with more pixie dust in the air this AM.

4.0 degrees here.... Did a quick shovel of drive that wasn't set to concrete from vehicle use and started a third vehicle not in garage, to make sure battery was happy 🙂

• LIKE 1

8 minutes ago, RobB said:

4.0 degrees here.... Did a quick shovel of drive that wasn't set to concrete from vehicle use and started a third vehicle not in garage, to make sure battery was happy 🙂

I need to go do my drive so we can head to Centerville but it's too COLD, lol. Maybe I'll just plow through the snow and let it melt later this week.

• THUMBS UP 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, RobB said:

I thought about shoveling my small concrete portion of the drive this AM after walking the pooch, but instead said “screw it, it will melt.” 🙂

• LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

The ones in the first pictures I tried to wade through are chest high, like sand dunes

20221224_113659.jpg

20221224_113716.jpg

It's with these type systems that I wish I was in the countryside. Nice pics! 

• LIKE 2
  • SNOWMAN 1

Salt isn't (very) effective at these temps; its actually freezing inside our trucks and we have to bring them into a garage to warm it up enough to get it out or dig it out with a backhoe.  Since its not working, we can't get the snow soft/loose enough to plow it off, so we're kinda stuck.  And the amount of traffic on the roads....yikes.  Really could have used a level 47 snow emergency for a few days, then we could have made a little more progress.

We'll be working around the clock until Monday/Tuesday when its warm enough for material to be effective before we can really get ahead of this and get roads back to normal.  

• LIKE 1
  • TROPHY 4
  • LOVE 2