December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

10 minutes ago, OSUWx2 said:

Power is out in Canton, but thankfully my in-laws invested in a whole-house generator a few months ago after we endured 48 hours of no power from the storm/heat-wave/AEP intentional power cutting debacle this past June. 

Are they able to power their furnace with it? I’ve seen different opinions if that’s possible. 

• LIKE 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Nice clouds to end this cold day

22608BB4-E03C-40F9-90C3-23F8DC6305F3.jpeg

Showoff. 

2 hours ago, Jeffro said:

I dont think i got above 0F today on any of the thermometers i looked at. The inside of my single pane windows have frost on them. BRRR. 

It's like flying at cruising altitude 

• LAUGH 1

6 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

It's awful out there right now...drifting on the State Route near my location has claimed several more vehicles in the last hour.

Screenshot_20221223_161022_Facebook.jpg

5 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

This is just down the road...as soon as a 4 car pile-up was removed, 3 more cars went off the road & the situation is currently back to square 1🤦🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20221223_162826_Facebook.jpg

5 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

The official count via the homeowner is 10 different cars into the ditch at this location today...10! (There will inevitably be more)

*10 p.m. update* - There is now a semi and a snow plow stuck...(see photo)

stuck.jpeg

Edited by MesoscaleBanding
  • SHOCKED 1
  • FLUSHED 2
  • SAD 1
  • FACEPALM 3
  • LOVE 1

Getting some heavy snow from what looks to be some lake enhancement off of Ontario making it inland. The snow coupled with the heavy wind gusts and fairly cold temperatures and windchill making it look blizzard like out there.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

As of 6:15 AM 12/24.  Looks like a lot of small outages with relatively few impacted.  I'm surprised there aren't more.  Clicking on the individual outages says they hope to have it restored by 11PM today.  That's a long time to be with out power in this cold.  Hats off to those utility workers.

image.png.b5ca799511959a993044f5eeb12bbd07.png

• LOVE 1

50 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

As of 6:15 AM 12/24.  Looks like a lot of small outages with relatively few impacted.  I'm surprised there aren't more.  Clicking on the individual outages says they hope to have it restored by 11PM today.  That's a long time to be with out power in this cold.  Hats off to those utility workers.

image.png.b5ca799511959a993044f5eeb12bbd07.png

I think AEP made it a priority to clear foliage near lines after their summer debacle!!! That may have helped the situation. 

• LIKE 1