December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

44 minutes ago, RobB said:

What's your location?

I’m 30 mins east of Toronto in southern Ontario.

Getting some drifts in the driveway now as the snow piles up a bit more. Temperature continues to fall.

Edited by SNOWBOB11
  • THANKS 1

2 minutes ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

Getting some drifts in the driveway now as the snow piles up a bit more. Temperature continues to fall.

Stay safe! 

• TROPHY 1

Another datapoint from my area almost halfway between Detroit and Buffalo near London, Ontario (Canada): Blizzard warnings have been issued for a large swath of Ontario. It's been snowing since early this AM and a lot of snow has come down, likely close to 8 inches or more. There's a 50-car pileup on highway 402 close to Port Huron Michigan, and another 100 cars involved in accidents on the way to Windsor/Detroit on the 401. The entire 402 is closed. It's brutal.

Lake Erie is down almost 8 feet on the Toledo side of the lake, and up 10 feet on the buffalo side due to the wind. Reed Timmer is posting video from the lakeshore on Twitter.

Edited by Astronomer
  • LIKE 2
  • SHOCKED 1

11 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

It's awful out there right now...drifting on the State Route near my location has claimed several more vehicles in the last hour.

Screenshot_20221223_161022_Facebook.jpg

It's so disappointing that people still feel a need to go about their day/have Christmas get togethers in spite of this kind of warning being put out in these counties.  It's selfish and puts the lives of others at risk.

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • LIKE 1

• Moderators

I haven’t ventured out of the “shelter” of the woods today (other than the walk to the mailbox).  Certainly blowing snow but I rarely get much drifting.  Pixie dust is winding down.  Once it fell below 0° today, it has stayed there.  
Currently -6°.

• LIKE 2

Apparently it was a wise decision on my part to buy a generator this week. Power went at 2:45 pm and estimated repair time has been pushed back twice by First Energy.  

It has snowed all day but with little additional accumulation. Very tiny flakes. I would say 3-4 inches on the ground. Currently -4 F.

• THUMBS UP 2
  • SHIVERING 1
  • LOVE 1

3 minutes ago, Snowbelted said:

Apparently it was a wise decision on my part to buy a generator this week. Power went at 2:45 pm and estimated repair time has been pushed back twice by First Energy.  

It has snowed all day but with little additional accumulation. Very tiny flakes. I would say 3-4 inches on the ground. Currently -4 F.

Good call on the generator. I hope your power is restored soon!

18 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

What did you end up doing with your inflatables?

They are one with the elements, I tried my best to get the pooled water off them right when changeover started but I can't forsee them making a Christmas appearance 😔

They get so brittle when they freeze over and winds are still going to be up a bit

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • SAD 3

1 hour ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

Shame our side of the border is so dead on this forum. We're the only two Canadians on here slumming it with the Americans 🤣🤣

• LIKE 1
  • DISAPPOINTED 1
  • LAUGH 4
  • LOVE 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Snowbelted said:

What are you using for heat?

(No comments please @FortySixAnd32😉

Edited by Hiramite
  • DISAPPOINTED 1

44 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

This is just down the road...as soon as a 4 car pile-up was removed, 3 more cars went off the road & the situation is currently back to square 1🤦🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20221223_162826_Facebook.jpg

The official count via the homeowner is 10 different cars into the ditch at this location today...10! (There will inevitably be more)

• LAUGH 1