December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

1 hour ago, Hiramite said:

Your personal weather station measured that!??!?

Yeah but it’s an older sharper image station. So I question the validity. Saving up for a Davis right now for the new house. Definitely getting those kind of gusts now.

anyone think the lake effect from Michigan will hold up enough to come my way?

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

Thank you!

looks like a potential 4-5 inches here as well.

I’ll have what the 3k NAM is having!

It’s not the only model showing totals like that either. But I’m sure it’s all dependent on some form of lake effect setting up so I’m not gonna hold my breath on it.

2 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

With this airmass coming in from the west vs over the modifying Lakes, looks like there will some long duration below zero temps in Ohio.  A pretty rare event.

Yes, very rare. Pretty amazing (and unfortunate) how quickly the pattern is about to flip to blowtorch at the end of next week though. I really hope it's just a quick reset thaw & we can get back to some good winter action in early January.

• LIKE 3

11 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

With this airmass coming in from the west vs over the modifying Lakes, looks like there will some long duration below zero temps in Ohio.  A pretty rare event.

Pretty cool meteorological event, though our natural gas usage will be a bit more expensive 🙂

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RobB said:

Pretty cool meteorological event, though our natural gas usage will be a bit more expensive 🙂

No nat. gas here, all electric.  Turned on the “emergency heat” on the geothermal to prevent it from running continuously and have a fire going on the woodburner.  I don’t mind an “expensive” cold event like this every now and then.  

• LOVE 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Yes, very rare. Pretty amazing (and unfortunate) how quickly the pattern is about to flip to blowtorch at the end of next week though. I really hope it's just a quick reset thaw & we can get back to some good winter action in early January.

Yeah, take the good with the bad I guess, not much we can do about it, lol. I would rather have the snow, but if it warms up, I’ll “make some lemonade” and do some mid-winter fishing.

Edited by Hiramite
  • THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, Wnwniner said:

Thoughts on most of central Ohio and snow emergencies?  We're concerned we're going to remain in level 2 thru mid day tomorrow based on blowing snow.

I see Morrow & Pickaway just pulled the trigger on Level 3 emergencies...Wouldn't be surprised if Delaware/Union follow suit. It's a raging ground blizzard out there right now with no end in sight for the rest of the day.

5 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Anyone been below zero since midnight?

Obs report…pixie dust continues. -4/-5°

Not IMBY.  13.9 just after midnight.  Didn't get below zero until 3:19.  Been below zero since. Currently 3.9 below zero.

• LIKE 1