December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Looking at some of the totals for you guys in Ohio I’d say it was a solid system so far consider the actual track was less than ideal.

I’m still rain at the moment but the front has moved in just to the west of me so within the next couple hours I should switch.

• LIKE 3

1 minute ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

Looking at some of the totals for you guys in Ohio I’d say it was a solid system so far consider the actual track was less than ideal.

I’m still rain at the moment but the front has moved in just to the west of me so within the next couple hours I should switch.

Most of the state actually faired well. Just the NW busted.

• LIKE 1

Well my areas only hope was the deformation band and it looks like we’re getting donut holed on that too. I’d say we’ve gotten a solid .5 inches of snow with this storm so far and it looks like we’re not going to do much better in my neck of the woods. Every model way over shot this for the thumb.

Such a disappointment.

• SAD 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1

2 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

Well my areas only hope was the deformation band and it looks like we’re getting donut holed on that too. I’d say we’ve gotten a solid .5 inches of snow with this storm so far and it looks like we’re not going to do much better in my neck of the woods. Every model way over shot this for the thumb.

Such a disappointment.

The ingredients just didn't come together at the right time for us. Basically nothing more than FROPA precip with some light back end system snow. WDIV was advertising big totals last night and they look silly this morning. 

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

Such a disappointment.

Sorry it didn’t pan out for you either! But hey, the show must go on!

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

Maybe a bus trip from OH?....that would be one wild ride.

If you’ve never driven up 75 from the MI/OH border to the UP I would suggest it, just maybe not in the winter. It’s a beautiful drive especially once you get north of Saginaw. My preference has always been to get off at US 23 and drive the lake shore north though.

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, easton229 said:

If you’ve never driven up 75 from the MI/OH border to the UP I would suggest it, just maybe not in the winter. It’s a beautiful drive especially once you get north of Saginaw. My preference has always been to get off at US 23 and drive the lake shore north though.

I've been up to the UP a couple of times and driven along the Lake shore from Traverse City south.  Beautiful country.

50 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Note to self: go visit @StLweatherjunkie in the winter. 

5 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Maybe a bus trip from OH?....that would be one wild ride.

If you want to see a LOT of snow ... visit around the following coordinate in March after it's piled up all winter. Not unusual for the snow depth to approach 10 ft. 

46.89270493875483, -88.85562705831659

• LOVE 4

• Moderators

I don't know how many look at the HREF ensembles, but I felt they did a pretty good job in highlighting the two "gobs" of the heaviest snow in OH....SWish and Centralish.

• LIKE 2

I’d say maybe an inch currently? Tough to tell with the wind. Snow is still coming down so hopefully we can get another inch or two out of this. I am  starting to get a nice drift at my back patio door. Even with the disappointing snow totals, it is quite a sight to see with the wind. Also, I don’t have to shovel which is a plus!

Edit: it’s a little too windy for Olaf today much to my daughters disappointment 😂

359716C7-0E1F-43B8-9FCF-F3537432464E.jpeg

D333AB99-22C1-4A83-BCF7-B343F0971122.jpeg

Edited by easton229
  • LIKE 4

30 minutes ago, RobB said:

I am glad that it will be a defined White Christmas here, I still prefer a true White Christmas.  One in which snow is falling 🙂

Snow may start here late Christmas night!

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

If you want to see a LOT of snow ... visit around the following coordinate in March after it's piled up all winter. Not unusual for the snow depth to approach 10 ft. 

46.89270493875483, -88.85562705831659

South end of the Keweenaw.  Great spot that cashes in on numerous fetch direction. And its probably holds snow pretty well all winter long too.

• THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, easton229 said:

I’d say maybe an inch currently? Tough to tell with the wind. Snow is still coming down so hopefully we can get another inch or two out of this. I am  starting to get a nice drift at my back patio door. Even with the disappointing snow totals, it is quite a sight to see with the wind. Also, I don’t have to shovel which is a plus!

359716C7-0E1F-43B8-9FCF-F3537432464E.jpeg

D333AB99-22C1-4A83-BCF7-B343F0971122.jpeg

The wind really makes for a pretty scene. I haven’t experienced ~1” and these kind of winds before. So while the higher amounts  didn’t pan out, I now understand that it can just as bad as a 6”+. 

Just a different type of storm for sure. 

Buffalo lake effect machine starting to crank up now with the winds shifting to the east.

• LIKE 2