December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Moderators

I just went out to experience it, feed the birds and see if I could a measurement. It’s exhilarating!!!  Measured ~1.5” on the semi-protected snow board.  Light snow continues to fall.  Here’s my obligatory Obs pic looking down the driveway.  3°

C29DCE57-681D-45D0-BB31-08FA245254CD.jpeg

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 3

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Hassaywx1223 said:

Have to remember we have snow showers and flurries that’ll develop with lake enhancement and keep going most of the next 18 hours that’ll bring totals up not dramatically but we’re not done 

I know we’re not done, but modest to significant Lake enhancement not looking too promising with the wind direction.

• SAD 1

It’s brutal out there. Thermometer says -10 degrees. I went out to measure multiple areas and wind resistant spots I use. Mostly in the range of 5-6” with drifts to 7-8”+. I didn’t stay out long before my exposed skin started to numb up. Overall a great storm and I’m glad the snow will stick around to Xmas  🎄 

4EDE0744-D6BD-4E9D-AFF3-A7CABF760183.thumb.jpeg.1b49970926175ea69121aadba60d47b2.jpeg

905CD468-6B6D-4B97-805D-9646697DD6EB.jpeg

Edited by junior
  • LIKE 2
  • LOVE 3

2 minutes ago, junior said:

It’s brutal out there. Thermometer says -10 degrees. I went out to measure multiple areas and wind resistant spots I use. Mostly in the range of 5-6” with drifts to 7-8”+. I didn’t stay out long before my exposed skin started to numb up. Overall a great storm and I’m glad the snow will stick around to Xmas  🎄 

4EDE0744-D6BD-4E9D-AFF3-A7CABF760183.thumb.jpeg.1b49970926175ea69121aadba60d47b2.jpeg

It was around 4.5 to 5.0 inches when I went to bed. My deck table was pretty protected. Now it has all blown around and too much exposure to find anywhere to measure here 😁

• LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

7 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

The "ole girl" is looking at me to go on her morning stroll.  Really no point in trying to delay it, lets see how this goes...

My dogs took one look outside and said HELCK NO. I took the boy out with me to the rain gauge (that is frozen to it's mount) and he quickly went on a bush. The girl will have to go later, but she's a bit stubborn about cold. The rain gauge will be dealt with later with hot water on the mounts. -9.4° with a max gust of 32mph earlier this morning. 

Edited by Michelle
  • SHOCKED 2
  • SHIVERING 1

7 minutes ago, junior said:

Definitely overachieved compared to most with this system aside from LES locations still firing up

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Nothing much to report here besides the cold and wind. Hardly any snow, easily less than an inch. People on social media already criticizing local meteorologists. 

It is such a hard job. People make fun of meteorologists all the dang time. I constantly hear "It's the only job where you can be wrong 97% of the time and not get fired," but in reality.. they're at the mercy of a) the models and diagnostics, b) their experience, c) their knowledge of the local climate and atmosphere, and d) Mother Nature in general. Our mets busted low here (for the most part). Even Jym Ganahl, who I adore, was calling for 1"-3" as of late last night. I'm so sorry that you didn't get the snow you wanted, though. ❤️

• LIKE 3

55 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Hmm, let’s see. About .5-.75” maybe. Grass isn’t even completely covered. 

But the winds though. They’re brutal. 30-40mph with some gusts up to 45. Some minor ground blizzard conditions when gusts roll through. Temp is -1. So first time is a while we’ve dipped below zero. Maybe the snow showers today can get us to the 1” mark. My lowest expectations of having the ground covered haven’t been met yet. Pretty disappointing storm IMBY overall. I had suspicions that we were going to underachieve on amounts and that cold and wind were the major factors. But waking up to still see grass was a major letdown. 

So…it’s kind of a white-ish Christmas? 

That’s why I always cut my gras really low at the last mow so it covers easily during let down storms 😂

• LAUGH 4
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

It is such a hard job. People make fun of meteorologists all the dang time. I constantly hear "It's the only job where you can be wrong 97% of the time and not get fired," but in reality.. they're at the mercy of a) the models and diagnostics, b) their experience, c) their knowledge of the local climate and atmosphere, and d) Mother Nature in general. Our mets busted low here (for the most part). Even Jym Ganahl, who I adore, was calling for 1"-3" as of late last night. I'm so sorry that you didn't get the snow you wanted, though. ❤️

Yup, better bust low than high... either way they still get reamed.

I know I may get some push back at this but I always thought the 10:1 ratio talk was overrated. There was no way ratios would stay at 10:1 and the wind wasn't that strong during the snowfall(atleast here) like they are now and into the afternoon. 

• THUMBS UP 1

15 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Nothing much to report here besides the cold and wind. Hardly any snow, easily less than an inch. People on social media already criticizing local meteorologists. 

Worst thing about it is there’s nothing fun to track in the long range. Just 60 by New Years…

• Admin
Just now, NWOhioChaser said:

Worst thing about it is there’s nothing fun to track in the long range. Just 60 by New Years…

Hang in there. I've read various mets say that the pattern is going to flip, hard, in mid-January. Could be wrong, of course, but I have hope. 🙂

• LIKE 2
  • THANKS 1