December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Moderators
7 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

We’ll I guess I’m off the hook for this! 😄

and with that, I’m out til the morning ladies and gents.  Congrats to those who can make out with some snow!

Sadly, I just unpinned it.

This was the call.

image.png.1ff0bf153b4c9360e1cd8f8a0b49ed9e.png

• SAD 1

33 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

@Jeffro  I just checked out your video link.  Nice quality!

We can use the trash/recycling bins as a gauge of the winds maybe.  They're still there as of 6:12AM, lol.

Mine skated halfway down the street!

• LAUGH 1

42 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

@Jeffro  I just checked out your video link.  Nice quality!

We can use the trash/recycling bins as a gauge of the winds maybe.  They're still there as of 6:12AM, lol.

Thanks!  $25 wyze cam ftw. 

I’ll leave it running for a bit to see how the winds do. It’s calm here right now… 

Edited by Jeffro

I can say first time in my life it sounds like the winds are like a strong/severe storm coming through but the windchill is 0 and it’s ripping outside I’m amazed by it can’t lie to you guys now at least even though it’s not as bad. I can understand why my parents talked about the blizzard of 78

Edited by Hassaywx1223
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

Power outages really picking up in areas I thought they wouldn't... Georgia has over 100k people without power currently. Texas and South Carolina are another 120k combined. Assuming 10k for the rest of the states which wouldn't be enough but there's no good way to sum them we are sitting at approximately 379,000 customers without power.

image.thumb.png.cec75b6171ca2c38375a0615decc9982.png

• SAD 1

Snow has blown around so much in parts of the yard that grass is showing again. Probably 8" piled into my back door. Probably 4.5" is my best estimate from an area that's sheltered from winds. Currently -9 degrees at my house and weather station up the road reported a 37 mph gust not too long ago. Most have been in the high 20s for now.

Edited by ak9971

Hmm, let’s see. About .5-.75” maybe. Grass isn’t even completely covered. 

But the winds though. They’re brutal. 30-40mph with some gusts up to 45. Some minor ground blizzard conditions when gusts roll through. Temp is -1. So first time is a while we’ve dipped below zero. Maybe the snow showers today can get us to the 1” mark. My lowest expectations of having the ground covered haven’t been met yet. Pretty disappointing storm IMBY overall. I had suspicions that we were going to underachieve on amounts and that cold and wind were the major factors. But waking up to still see grass was a major letdown. 

So…it’s kind of a white-ish Christmas? 

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • SAD 2

1 minute ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Hmm, let’s see. About .5-.75” maybe. Grass isn’t even completely covered. 

But the winds though. They’re brutal. 30-40mph with some gusts up to 45. Some minor ground blizzard conditions when gusts roll through. Temp is -1. So first time is a while we’ve dipped below zero. Maybe the snow showers today can get us to the 1” mark. My lowest expectations of having the ground covered haven’t been met yet. Pretty disappointing storm IMBY overall. I had suspicions that we were going to underachieve on amounts and that cold and wind were the major factors. But waking up to still see grass was a letdown. 

So…it’s kind of a white-ish Christmas? 

That sux, man 😔

• SAD 1

• Moderators

The heavy SWS band just went thru, too bad it was so narrow.  Snow to grass top level.  Unless we get some redevelopment, lucky to hit NWS "low end" amounts.  BUT, my world is white and power is still on so I'm a happy camper.

Edited by Hiramite

4 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

The heavy SWS band just went thru, too bad it was so narrow.  Snow to grass top level.  Unless we get some redevelopment, lucky to hit NWS "low end" amounts.  BUT, my world is white and power is still on so I'm a happy camper.

Have to remember we have snow showers and flurries that’ll develop with lake enhancement and keep going most of the next 18 hours that’ll bring totals up not dramatically but we’re not done 

21 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

Will need ILN to confirm but media is stating all 3 blizzard criteria were met in Cincinnati. Would be the first official blizzard since 1978

I’d be skeptical just my opinion. I agree wind criteria certainly met but visibility Im not entirely sure I could agree with that. I would say certainly for an hour while the heavy band was going that was the case but for 3 hours I’m not so sure. 

Doesn’t take away from the fact that this has been quite the impressive storm so far!