December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

9 minutes ago, Bman10 said:

Nice band over Dayton right now. Wish it would stay awhile 

Every time is see your name and Dayton together I think of the BMan from WTUE. 

Edited by beaver56
  • LAUGH 3

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

0z GFS Kuchera map drops 10" on Columbus by daybreak 🤣

The lack of "duration" seems to be the fly in the ointment to missing bigger totals. However we're still not sure how QPF will react once bomb out gets cranking

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

The lack of "duration" seems to be the fly in the ointment to missing bigger totals. However we're still not sure how QPF will react once bomb out gets cranking

That's what I'm watching for. Gotta think the eastward march slows up soon if some of these higher totals are to be realized. 

• LIKE 1

9 minutes ago, Cincysnow said:

Not sold on the whatever amounts, but i think we are in the snow for several hours, it’s starting to take a more N/S orientation, versus W/E. 

I agree, that’s what I noticed once it crossed into Ohio it started to pivot NE, that’s the only way some of these higher totals can verify.  If you miss the pivot you miss the duration of the snow.  Looks no longer than 6 hours even if you are in the pivot.  

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, cloudy_jake said:

Down to 13° now from 43° in 3 hours! This is craziness! 

It came to fruition. I had my doubts but this front is powerful. I’ve never seen a temp drop this drastic in my life I think. Nearly 20 degrees in 2 hours.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Snow____ said:

It came to fruition. I had my doubts but this front is powerful. I’ve never seen a temp drop this drastic in my life I think. Nearly 20 degrees in 2 hours.

Yeah I was skeptical too I was like no way that it drops that fast but it did!

12 minutes ago, easton229 said:

I’m just gonna go to bed. I’ll take my 1” and be happy I guess. What an absolute bust for here. Anything more will be a miracle. Actually I’d be surprised if we get an inch based on the hi res models.

Yeah, a couple of nice snow showers is at least pretty to see with flakes flying, but NWOH/SEMI really took one for the team here. Flash freeze currently undergoing though. It’s gone from 37 to 28 degrees in the last hour here. Hoping for at least a covered ground here by morning.  

On to the next one!

D781825D-18D8-49B5-B8E1-7AA74ACA0F98.jpeg

Edited by NWOhioChaser