December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Just now, Snow____ said:

All the short term models look like returns strengthen in Eastern Indiana as they head East into Ohio. 
Radar looks pretty similar 

2DA752BC-B97C-438E-9DB5-73093CAC7669.png

Makes sense since that coincides with the SLP starting to rapidly deepen.

Should be some beautiful mesoscale banding action 🤩

• LIKE 4
  • LAUGH 3
  • TROPHY 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Makes sense since that coincides with the SLP starting to rapidly deepen.

Should be some beautiful mesoscale banding action 🤩

I can’t wait. I hope to see something special. I don’t need a whole lot if it’s special. A lightning strike would be special or some good drifts 

17 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Well, when the Kuchera maps are relying on 25-30:1 ratios to produce the big totals, we're probably setup for disappointment.

I still like 2-4" with isolated 5" in the areas where Kuchera totals are 6"+

I think this is a good assumption. I think 2 with a lollipop of 3 plus is possible in eastern Indiana and western Ohio along 70, 71, and 75 corridors. 

Buddy of mine in Indy said the heavy snow was short lived. Not a meteorologist by any stretch, but observations help a lot for sure. 

Edited by beaver56
  • LIKE 1

11 minutes ago, MidMichiganWx said:

Rain here in Metro Detroit. Feels like overall this will not be the storm everyone once thought it would be. I think the flash freeze will be the biggest hazard here. 

We will see, though. Feels like that dry slot will eventually burn us. 

Yep. I put way too much energy and time for a flash freeze and a eventual dry slot. 

I know we should wait until the storm passes and see what comes of it. But I should’ve trusted my gut on this one. Bullseye a week out is never a good thing 

• LIKE 1

6 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Yep. I put way too much energy and time for a flash freeze and a eventual dry slot. 

I know we should wait until the storm passes and see what comes of it. But I should’ve trusted my gut on this one. Bullseye a week out is never a good thing 

At least I’ll always have my profile picture to look at lol. Sucks this one doesn’t look like it’s gonna pan out for us especially because there doesn’t seem to be anything of note coming up either. Just more rain fests.

• Moderators

The 12Z HREF ensembles peak snowfall rates over C OH at 7Z (2AM).  Slightly lesser rates the frames before and significantly lesser rates after.  These are probabilities of more than 1" of snow per hour.

image.png

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 3