December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

Ended up with 2 to maybe close to 3 inches here. Hard to say with all the wind. Had some higher measurements. Probably closer to 2 but not sure. 

Disappointed On one hand but happy on another as I will have a white Christmas. It's been awhile and I'm thankful for it!

• LIKE 4

• Meteorologist

I'm starting to feel the effects of having to go out in the cold a few times. Feels like my lungs shrunk some. I had 4 layers on top and 3 on the bottom, but -30 wind chills are the real deal. Don't know how those folks in Alaska do it lol.

Edited by Ingyball
  • SHOCKED 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1
  • SHIVERING 3

13 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

I'm starting to feel the effects of having to go out in the cold a few times. Feels like my lungs shrunk some. I had 4 layers on top and 3 on the bottom, but -30 wind chills are the real deal. Don't know how those folks in Alaska do it lol.

I shoveled snow for like 45 minutes and I was burning up. 

3 minutes ago, junior said:

Returns starting to strengthen in W KY/ S IN. First squall line about to enter OH(this is the rain one) or the cold front I believe. 

Hmm maybe the squall isn't the cold front. Weird.

10 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

I am not the smartest person, but radar returns and storm speed seems to indicate way less totals than some of these models. 

Well, when the Kuchera maps are relying on 25-30:1 ratios to produce the big totals, we're probably setup for disappointment.

I still like 2-4" with isolated 5" in the areas where modeled Kuchera totals are 6"+

Edited by MesoscaleBanding
  • LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

I am not the smartest person, but radar returns and storm speed seems to indicate way less totals than some of these models. 

All the short term models look like returns strengthen in Eastern Indiana as they head East into Ohio. 
Radar looks pretty similar 

2DA752BC-B97C-438E-9DB5-73093CAC7669.png

• LOVE 1