December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

8 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Let's simmer down on the gripe fest about the NWS offices. I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now, and while we all definitely have understandable thoughts about it.. we've got some (pretty awesome) mets on here as both active posters and lurkers. They worked their tails off to get where they are, and they're trying their best to keep us safe. 🙂

Got it. All in good fun here - though it is a bit frustrating sometimes (especially when it comes to public awareness). Will refrain. 

Edited by Mulaman984
  • LIKE 1

I know we all want snow, and a ton of it, but with the other factors at play I am thankful white no matter the amount. I grew up in a family business that we had to work in this. As my filter has aged it is difficult to do physically.  Then I think about the essential workers, public employee, utility workers, etc. and hate it for them. Especially with Christmas Eve and day so close. Let's hope they all stay safe and healthy. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

4 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

image.thumb.png.402f6cfa4f6c346a3a26c4bfcc00277a.png

Ugh.  Praying we all keep our power on.  Not very enjoyable when you have no power.

Will the fact that there’s no leaves on the trees now help with this?0

Edited by JayPSU
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

15 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

I would use some caution when it comes to 6 7 8" totals....things are half done here and i'm barely at a inch. I think the wind is really fracturing the snowflakes

I agree it's highly unlikely that places away from a good lake fetch will get to those totals, but your accumulation struggles also give credulence to the last minute model trends which have shown lighter snow totals in Illinois and Indiana and greater ones through Ohio and PA.