December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

4 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

So really interesting radar OBS comparing with HRRR. Snow is just east of IND on radar (radarscope algorithm but usually pretty accurate) and HRRR has all rain still back to the IL border.

image.thumb.png.956e01e7e663bc502e9d5005a43c0072.png4938A21A-C196-4361-9B5D-CC8299B3367F.thumb.jpeg.df3aa44b841fc031c5bc91aaac9fc737.jpeg

So far, no reports of snow though the mix line is moving in.

image.thumb.png.7edc190cd74eecef6d3ba00663d209d2.png

• THUMBS UP 1

9 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

@Jeffro  You still plan on putting up your camera?  If so, tag me on your post so I can pin it.

We'll see if i have time. I'm leaving work and going straight to the bowling alley. Wont be back until 10PM. 

• THANKS 1

2 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

I think ILN should stick to what it has. Nobody will complain if it busts high. Local Mets can give their own forecasted numbers if they want to go higher.

If that was the case, every storm would be called at 1-3”. Actually, now come to think of it, that does sound like ILN!

• LAUGH 2

8 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

I just did a quick search, didn't see anything.  Do you have a link or additional info? TIA

Admittedly, I read it on forum, and not an article or news source. Let me see what I can find.

• THANKS 1

Just now, Mulaman984 said:

If that was the case, every storm would be called at 1-3”. Actually, now come to think of it, that does sound like ILN!

There is still a chance that the evening crew does bump up totals.  Discussion will be later.  It does not change the fact that the Winter Storm Warning has already been issued.  With enough wind, I would not be shocked if it was bumped to a blizzard warning.  In the end, 3 to 5 inches combined with the extreme cold and big winds, doesn't make a big change in how dangerous it will be out there.

• LIKE 4

5 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

I mean they already have the warning up which if it wasn’t for the wind wouldn’t be a warning criteria for the amount they have in the wanting area. Yes they could update the warning which they might 

• THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, RobB said:

There is still a chance that the evening crew does bump up totals.  Discussion will be later.  It does not change the fact that the Winter Storm Warning has already been issued.  With enough wind, I would not be shocked if it was bumped to a blizzard warning.  In the end, 3 to 5 inches combined with the extreme cold and big winds, doesn't make a big change in how dangerous it will be out there.

I would say for any other time of the year because of the light totals they would just stick with a WSW for the entire event. I agree because of the amount of travel ongoing the next two days and people leaving tonight, etc. I wonder if they would contemplate a blizzard warning with the trending of snowfall amounts. Not to mention the winds are signaling a bit stronger on the recent 18z HRRR albeit its tomorrow during the afternoon. Widespread 60mph gusts making it even down toward the Dayton area.

1619586215_HRRR3-kmMidAtlantic10-mWindGust-2.gif.c493f3b6d8f264de832087bf59bce90a.gif

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

• Admin

Let's simmer down on the gripe fest about the NWS offices. I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now, and while we all definitely have understandable thoughts about it.. we've got some (pretty awesome) mets on here as both active posters and lurkers. They worked their tails off to get where they are, and they're trying their best to keep us safe. 🙂

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 3
  • TROPHY 1

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Let's simmer down on the gripe fest about the NWS offices. I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now, and while we all definitely have understandable thoughts about it.. we've got some (pretty awesome) mets on here as both active posters and lurkers. They worked their tails off to get where they are, and they're trying their best to keep us safe. 🙂

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

WSW language should probably be bumped to 2-4

This was before I read your post 😂

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 3

12 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Welcome to the party, NAM. You're late.

floop-nam-2022122218.snku_acc.us_mw.gif.59452628cc3b2ff9874711cc970497bd.gif

Starting to feel good about getting 2 inches out of this and Pittsburgh; maybe even more. Pretty sad that's what it will take to get excited with how this December has been going lol.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Another good run for the I-71 corridor on the 19z RAP - seems pretty locked in on that jackpot zone

Putting the snow where the majority of the OH population can experience it, lol.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing with this event.