December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

54 minutes ago, easton229 said:

One things that’s starting to look consistent, outside of the GFS, is that this is going to only be a 1-3” event for the eastern counties in SEMI.

Haven’t you learned your lesson by now?  😝 it never fails! Or should I say it always fails?

2 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

It appears that weathermodels is using something between 10:1 and Kuchera comparing with your graphics. Also, still snowing in a lot of areas when that run ends.

image.thumb.png.f1d964f3dc986eb926804dfac9ed1642.pngimage.thumb.png.99c55e078a9ce3fa629ac218dcee261a.png

Yeah, seen that on several different sites. Different algorithms I guess. 

• LIKE 1

1 hour ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Stepping out for a while - out with the wife to pickup the Christmas ham & get some last minute shopping done...because we aren't going anywhere for the next 48 hours, lol

It’s utter madness. I just got back from the Walgreens minute clinic. Long long line. 

People everywhere. 
Traffic is SO bad. 

• LIKE 1
  • FACEPALM 1
  • YUCK 1

3 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

It’s utter madness. I just got back from the Walgreens minute clinic. Long long line. 

People everywhere. 
Traffic is SO bad. 

My co-worker/friend just got in as he works the evening shift.  He went to Meier this morning and said it was a mad house.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

16 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

It appears that weathermodels is using something between 10:1 and Kuchera comparing with your graphics. Also, still snowing in a lot of areas when that run ends.

image.thumb.png.f1d964f3dc986eb926804dfac9ed1642.pngimage.thumb.png.99c55e078a9ce3fa629ac218dcee261a.png

The amounts shown for NW Ohio and SE Michigan don’t make sense looking at the radar. Obviously a doughnut hole for SEMI, but bleeding into Ohio?

7 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

The amounts shown for NW Ohio and SE Michigan don’t make sense looking at the radar. Obviously a doughnut hole for SEMI, but bleeding into Ohio?

Not entirely sure either, here's the radar loop.

1176942850_HRRR3-kmMidAtlanticPrecipitationTypeMSLP-3.gif.7bcd1ca09f7eba73cedc123d67c09833.gif

Edited by ak9971

2 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

-51 wind chill in North Dakota and 86 Heat index in Miami 😆

Think about it this way.  Tomorrow when you leave your 70 degree house to go outside and the windchill is -35....that'll be a 105 degree drop in 10 seconds!

• LAUGH 3