December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

2 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

My mind is telling me to be be prepared for the extreme. But my gut is telling me it’s going to dud. We’ve just seen it happen too many times in our area.

100%. I’m fully expecting dud so that way if it does hit good, it’ll be a nice surprise.

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

If I had to make a call right now, I. think areas in OH along/NW of I-71 see 2-4" with isolated pockets ~5"

Which combined with this wind will be a nightmare.  I don't think people understand that...

• THUMBS UP 2
  • TROPHY 1

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

If I had to make a call right now, I. think areas in OH along/NW of I-71 see 2-4" with isolated pockets ~5"

Agree with this and think it'll be really something to see considering the short duration and wind.

• Moderators
Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

Sounds pretty reasonable. That SW to NE band in OH appears to be showing up more and more in the models.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

In other words, probably a safe bet to cut the modeled Kuchera totals in half (which would still make most of us happy)

Eric Wilhelm from Youngstown believes the snow ratios could be 25:1  to 30:1 with this storm.

Just now, Hiramite said:

I don't see this image on my laptop but I see it on my phone.   Anyone else not seeing it??

Sorry, I got this from Eric Wilhelm twitter feed.

• FLUSHED 2

2 minutes ago, Alliohiowx said:

Eric Wilhelm from Youngstown believes the snow ratios could be 25:1  to 30:1 with this storm.

Sorry, I got this from Eric Wilhelm twitter feed.

Eric is my local met I live in Youngstown he’s on the firm belief that Youngstown north gets 4-6 inches and that it won’t matter because it’ll be so light and be blowing everywhere reducing visibility and such his concern is the winds cold and the roads which I agree 3 inches in this set up is worse then 10 inches when it’s 29 outside and salt works with barely any winds

12 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

Newest HRRR has backed off some.

like I said, I watch every hour on the hour 😂😂

Still similar widespread except it looks like it dropped that heavy narrow band. This will be a definite now cast event!

• LIKE 1