December 21st-24th, 2022 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

3 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Probably right, but ILN does have a history of dragging their feet until the middle of nowcast & by then it's too late to get the proper warning out to the general public who doesn't follow these storms closely at all. 

True, but with them already having a Winter Storm Warning and Wind Chill Warning already out, the general public has no sympathy from me if caught up in what is already a risky storm with just a couple of inches of snow.

• THUMBS UP 2
  • TROPHY 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, RobB said:

I'm one of those who like watching better at night (despite sleep loss).  Something about watching snows in streetlights and seeing distant city lights highlight distant snows.

No street light within view here, but I definitely like putting on the big outside light and watching.  Taking a night snow walk is on the list too.

• THUMBS UP 3
  • FIRE 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, NWOhioChaser said:

I hate when workplaces disregard the safety of their workers for the sake of “production”. Old mentality that needs to die.

My hope is that (as someone mentioned above) there will be widespread Level 3's throughout the state. We both have Jeeps, but ain't NOBODY want to be driving in those winds and no visibility.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

19 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

Picking up on some heavier returns around 70,71,75 area from 10p-2a on that as well. Short rangers seem to definitely be favoring this area.image.gif.8158f95e80bc0b2b9598776df86d2697.gif

Just a followup on this one. 14z snow maps, only one that is available in my source has internal ratios so take it for what is worth. I'm assuming that is similar to Kuchera but don't know that for sure.1002127291_HRRR3-kmSnowfallSnowfall18.thumb.png.0a9d7c76542cf22aa6eae746815610c0.png

3 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

I feel really bad for food and delivery drivers tonight!!! You know no one wants to cook tonight!!! If you do order, please tip your drivers. This has been a public service announcement from a former service industry member!

Nooo! We should be cooking tonight in case of power outages!!

Thsys my plan! 

• LOVE 1

Winter storm warning has been continued across West Central
Ohio and East Central Indiana and the watch has been upgraded to
a warning across the I-71 corridor. Although the snowfall
forecasts are below the thresholds for warning criteria, the
warnings have been issued due to the multiple impacts of
dangerously cold temperatures, strong winds, and the snow.

This is from the 9a discussion at ILN before models really started dumping the CWA more. Yesterday we were debating how they were issuing warnings under criteria, they explicitly referenced it in the discussion this morning. Maybe we have some readers here 😆

• LOVE 1